1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Increasing importance of early game wars.

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Comrade Victor, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Comrade Victor

Comrade Victor Chieftain

Hi Im looking for an advice. I feel like the game is too peaceful. Civilizations are sparse. You have plenty of good spots for cities around your starting points. More than your happiness allows you to use. No need to start wars and go for a risk if I can just stay with my 3-5 towns and build civil buildings.

Id like to change it somehow. Im not experienced in Civ 5 and Civ 5 mods. Could you give me ideas of what should I do. Are there good total conversion mods that add interesting stuff to the game and also give you reasons to go for early wars? Or there are some simple mods that can deal with my problem. Maybe happiness increase. Or removing limit for players in multiplayer. Like being able to play as 8 on a tiny map instead of playing as 4.

I came to Civ 5 from Civ 3 and I like a lot new stuff that is introduced here. Game feels much more complex in a good way. And getting an option to play tall feels great. I just miss sense of rivalship when you are ready to murder your neighbour for a luxury resource and you are damn sure they feel the same.
    Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020