Increasing Missionary (National Unit) Limit Issue

cybrxkhan

Asian Xwedodah
Hello all. Me and The Capo have been attempting to add a wonder into our mods, the Bamyan Buddha Statues - ideally what it's supposed to do is to increase the buildable limit of missionaries from 3 to 5 (so you can have 5 Islamic Missionaries running around, instead of 3, for example). However, the coding doesn't seem to work.

What happens is that even though the wonder does allow you to start building a 4th missionary, after one turn, a message comes up saying that the missionary cannot be built and some gold is given to you as "compensation" (like what happens if you can't finish a wonder).

The J did most of the work here, but he's stumped as well. We based the coding off Tsentsom's HERC Factory Wonder. The coding from the HERC Factory Wonder is below:

Spoiler :

Code:
## HERC Factory Start ##

iAssault = CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getUnitInfo,gc.getNumUnitInfos(),'UNIT_ASSAULT_MECH')
		iHerc = CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getBuildingInfo,gc.getNumBuildingInfos(),'BUILDING_HERC_FACTORY')
		obsoleteTech = gc.getBuildingInfo(iHerc).getObsoleteTech()

pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(pCity.getOwner())

if eUnit == iAssault:

if ( gc.getTeam(pPlayer.getTeam()).isHasTech(obsoleteTech) == false or obsoleteTech == -1 ):
				for iCity in range(pPlayer.getNumCities()):
					ppCity = pPlayer.getCity(iCity)
					if ppCity.getNumActiveBuilding(iHerc) == true:

return True

## HERC Factory End ##

And the code from the Bamyan Buddha Statues is below:

Spoiler :

Code:
## BAMYAN BUDDHA STATUES Start ##
                iMissionary = []
                iMissionary.append (CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getUnitInfo,gc.getNumUnitInfos(),'UNIT_JEWISH_MISSIONARY'))
		iMissionary.append (CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getUnitInfo,gc.getNumUnitInfos(),'UNIT_CHRISTIAN_MISSIONARY'))
		iMissionary.append (CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getUnitInfo,gc.getNumUnitInfos(),'UNIT_ISLAMIC_MISSIONARY'))
		iMissionary.append (CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getUnitInfo,gc.getNumUnitInfos(),'UNIT_HINDU_MISSIONARY'))
		iMissionary.append (CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getUnitInfo,gc.getNumUnitInfos(),'UNIT_BUDDHIST_MISSIONARY')    )
		iMissionary.append (CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getUnitInfo,gc.getNumUnitInfos(),'UNIT_CONFUCIAN_MISSIONARY'))
		iMissionary.append (CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getUnitInfo,gc.getNumUnitInfos(),'UNIT_TAOIST_MISSIONARY'))
		iMoreMissionariesWonder = CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getBuildingInfo,gc.getNumBuildingInfos(),'BUILDING_BAMYAN')
		obsoleteTech = gc.getBuildingInfo(iMoreMissionariesWonder).getObsoleteTech()

pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(pCity.getOwner())
		NumReligions = 7
		for i in range (NumReligions):
                        if eUnit == iMissionary[i]:
                                if pCity.isHasReligion(i):
                                        pUnit = gc.getUnitInfo (eUnit)
                                        Class = pUnit.getUnitClassType ()
                                        MissionaryCount = pPlayer.getUnitClassCount(Class)
                                        if MissionaryCount <5:
                                                if (gc.getTeam(pPlayer.getTeam()).isHasTech(obsoleteTech) == false or obsoleteTech == -1 ):
                                                        for iCity in range(pPlayer.getNumCities()):
                                                                ppCity = pPlayer.getCity(iCity)
                                                                if ppCity.getNumActiveBuilding(iMoreMissionariesWonder) == true:
                                                                        return True

## BAMYAN BUDDHA STATUES End ##

If anybody can help us, that'd be really great! Thanks in advance.

First off, you have some syntax issues , particularly, this line:

Code:
if ppCity.getNumActiveBuilding(iMoreMissionariesWonder) == true:

getNumActiveBuilding returns an integer, not true or false. It should be:

Code:
if ( ppCity.getNumActiveBuilding(iMoreMissionariesWonder) > 0 ):

But this would not cause the error you guys are getting. I would test to see if Tsentom's wonder even works, if not, then you know why you have an issue...

The problem is the DLL.

CvCity::doCheckProduction() enforces the national unit class limit, and it's called every turn from CvCity::doTurn(). You'll need to modify CvPlayer::isProductionMaxedUnitClass() to take your wonder into consideration. Of course, if you're going to modify the DLL, you may as well put that Python function in there as well.

I don't see a way around this.

You could always make the wonder spawn a free missionary for your state religion every X turns, that's pretty close to what you wanted.

Has that maybe changed from 3.17 to 3.19?

Not that I'm aware of, but I never investigated it under 3.17. I can't imagine them removing the modability of this feature.

Can you define a second unit -- not a UU, a separate unit -- which also acts as a missionary for the religion? Then the second unit could have a national limit of 2, and the second unit could require the wonder building as a prereq. So you have your extra missionaries once you build the wonder, but they are a different unit.

Can you define a second unit -- not a UU, a separate unit -- which also acts as a missionary for the religion? Then the second unit could have a national limit of 2, and the second unit could require the wonder building as a prereq. So you have your extra missionaries once you build the wonder, but they are a different unit.

That would work, I suppose, but I'd think that that'd be too much of a... hassle, for lack of better wording. I guess the best solution is to figure out a similar bonus for the wonder.

Even though I guess the code won't work as I wanted it to, thanks anyways for all the help, guys; I really appreciate it!

My suggestion for an interesting effect that is somewhat related to whay you were tyring: an additional unit that costs about 3 times as much as a regular missionary with a build limit of 1. When sacrificed in a city without your state religion religion it adds the religion and builds a monastery for that religion, if sacrificed in a city with the religion but no monastery it just builds the monastery (you could add some small additional effect, like +1 happy for 10 turns or some small culture point bonus). This would speed things along in new cities (instant culture and research point boost due to the "free" monastery) and give you a way to build monasteries after the tech that makes them unbuildable so you can then build regular missionaries in those cities (and get 2 extra culture, too).

Top Bottom