increasing population over 2147483647 in demographics screen

IRID1UM

Chieftain
I've been googling a bit and also searching in this forum to come to the conclusion that several people seem to have come to the 2,1 bil population limit in the demographics view but no one ever did something to increase the limit.
Curiosity struck me, so I wanted to edit the type of the variable in order to see the real population of my empire. So far without luck, I simply can not find the corresponding variable. Could anyone please hint me in the right direction? (Or edit the correct file and attach it here - even better :cool:)
Many thanks!

In exchange free :food:! :)

Yes, exactly this technical limit of the variable type (integer) I wanted to circumvent by changing it to a 64 bit long integer :)

err, true that. but a double should do instead, increasing the number to 15 digits.

In Visual C++ compiler (which is what's used here) you can use any of the following for a 64-bit integer (they're equivalent):
Code:
long long
__int64

You need to modify CvPlayer::getRealPopulation (and probably CvCity's as well) to return one of these types, and change the implementation accordingly if needed.
You need to modify the Cy* versions as well. Python should be fine with the larger type.

Thanks for your instructions and also the excellent tutorial on how to compile. I give up though because I just realized that the Mod I am using has its own dll of which I do not have the source code.
Oh well, it was cosmetic only anyways.
Thanks again and have fun!

Yes, you are right. After a bit of searching I found the source. I'll see if I can get it to work tomorrow :)
Thanks!

Top Bottom