1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Increasing the "fog of war"

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by jlvfr, Mar 30, 2015.

1. jlvfr

jlvfr Chieftain

Just a quick tip, on increasing the Fog of War in Civ: don't look at the screen when the PC is playing.

When I hit the "turn" button, I look away from the screen. I just look every few mns, to see if there's any dialog question. This way, anything the PC does, for me, is a "secret move". I have to figure out what the PC did... thus increasing the dificulty

2. Lanzelot

Lanzelot Moderator Moderator

You can have that even easier:
    In the "Preferences" dialog, simply uncheck the check-boxes for "Show friendly moves" and "Show enemy moves"... ;)
    (This even has the advantage, that the interturn time is much faster, as the game does not even spend time on displaying all that stuff. I remember, in the old days when I had a slow Windows 98 PC, this was the only way to play the higher difficulty levels, because otherwise you would have to wait like 15min per turn until the AI was finally finished moving their brazillian units around... :D)

3. Theov

Theov Chieftain

ah yes, the legendary Preference Screen; so undiscovered and mysterious that only the most optimistic nomad will wander there without charts or guide.