• India one nation many states

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • India the birthplace of the great

• India the roar of the Elephant

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Jay Bharat (Long live India)

• Hindustan Zindabad (Longlive Land of Hindus)

• Bharat Pancha Katha (India, 5 tales)

• India the immortal nation

• India the land of many, the nation of One

• India where the many roads meet

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Where the wheel of time spins

• From the Mauraya empire to the rise of a superpower

• India from Valmiki to Vajpayee

• Land of the Ganga, Yamuna, Kaveri and the Narmada

• India from the crest of the Himalayas to the Jungles of Sri Lanka

• India in four dementions

• When will India awake?

• Utishta Bharatha (Arise India!)

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

civilleader

Prince
Okay time to announce that my plan is to create an Indian Quinquelogy which is composed of five mods that show India's transformation from post Indus times to a modern nation. Also please vote for a name for the mods as a whole.

India has had the same problem again and again throughout the ages. India acted as hundreds of different nations rather than as a unified power. Foreigners repeatedly exploited this weakness to dominate India, whether they were from Persia, Greece, Arabia, Turkey, Timruid Empire, Europe, or America. Each of the mods have the same objective: Unite India, culturally or militarily. Each time there are different nations, weapons and foreign powers.

Part I: ~1700BCE- 600CE: India after the fall of the Indus Valley, the rise of many small Indian states (see signature line), Mauraya invasions, Buddhism, Alexander invades, creation of Ramyana, Mahabharatha, etc.
Part II: ~600CE- 1300 CE: Islamic Invasions
Part III: ~1300CE-1650CE: Rise of the Moghul Empire, Punjabi resistance, Vijayanagar's rise and fall, the rise of the Nizams.
Part IV: ~1650-1947: Establishment and consolidation of Europeans in India. Battle of Plassey, Anglo-Mysore wars, 7 years war, Sepoy Rebellion, Fall of the Moghuls, Fall of Goa to Portugal
Part V: 1947- Present: Post independent South Asia, Indo-Pak wars, Indo-Sino war, Annexation of Sikkim, LTTE resistance in Sri Lanka, Kashmir terrorism, Fall of Tibet, Indian victory halting Portuguese domination of Goa, Diu, Daman, Fall of the Nizams.

I voted 5 tales (albeit translation is needed) !

Tiger seems to generic for me (there were tigers in China, the Tiger economies of Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore...).

Nice point. But India has so many different languages that it is hard to determine which one to use. We have some 16 or so official languages. English is the language that connects differents parts of Urban India together.

The best known is I think Punjab, and it's also the one which is most spoken?
In Switzerland we have 4 languages and the two most spoken are often used to talk with each other. So take one, or two or three of the most important and form the title from that!

mfG mitsho

hindi is the most spoken Indian language, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are more English speakers in India than Hindi speakers. Punjabi is prevalent in the NW and in Pakistan which is why it's so well known. If I going to form a title in an Indian language, it'ld be Sanskrit since its the historic language the linked most of India the longest. It's like greek or latin in Europe.

I vote Sanskrit on through the major dialecs and then end with the fifth in English, for like it or not we are globalizing to English.

Though American, I have several books in Sanskrit for it is the clearest and perhaps even the sublimist thinking ever to grace our planet.

Top Bottom