India Pantheon Choice

ohhaimark

Chieftain
Ello,

Since India picks its pantheon once it settles, it brings up the question of pantheon choice. Certain pantheons (goddess of the hunt, plains) become guess work due to not seeing the camps / pastures. Of course, tunda/ desert pantheons work but require that specific starts.

(Should mention I play immortal standard difficulty, and usually go Tradition India).

Normally, I've experimented with goddess of the home, but it seems redundant given India's existing growth boost.

What pantheons do you all normally pick for India?

For Tradition, I tend to default to Goddess of Beauty. You get a Great Engineer and Artist reasonably quickly, due to points ticking immediately, and then you can rush either one with Justice vs Sovereignty. And 2+ faith immediately, while many other pantheons won't provide any faith for a while as India.

I've tried Goddess of the Home as both Tradition and Progress India and found it lacking.

As an alternative "blank" Pantheon, especially if you don't want to 100% commit to anything, God King works pretty well due to the power of early production. Similarly if you see quarry luxuries around Craftsmen is very strong due to the palace yields, regardless of any other plans you might have.

I really like the mountain pantheon if you can get a good site, even if you have to move a bit. It is a lot of passive buffs, so no effort. And unlike others you know if it is good right away. There are often 1-2 NW you can settle too (depending on map type)

Top Bottom