India Total Peaceful Photojournal

Hi, entertaining work here.

I'm unfamiliar with epic speed pace so can't say how nicely timed are all your milestones but wanted to add my 2c.

I have Way of Transcendence, so I decided to go for Chemistry to advance era, I will guarantee to get Pisa and Its also a very important wonder [...] banking doesnt give any wonder so I cant take advantage of WOT.

I would have entered Renaissance asap, so Banking. In the end you reformed at t228 while you could have entered Renaissance on t231 judging from some screenshots, with half of China converted so.. 13 cities following your religion? That's not capped out (<20) but I feel yields now are better than later. Those hammers you get from WoT would have flowed into the slowly built Palace, and the science would have helped catching up with China (Wu beelines her UU) who is a serious contender for Pisa. You might be slower at building the wonder without WoT hammers but you get there earlier. Your war is going well so no need to unlock better units, and delaying the research of all the bottom tech tree means those techs will be cheaper (more opponents learning about them), while trade routes to and from China grant more beakers for the time being.

Most important of all, since you're playing Progress the Era scaling on your policies really pays off, because all your cities are steadly growing and churning buildings. That's more food/culture/gold everywhere, also science from councils and better CS yields... I just like to beeline the next Era :) Feel free to ignore everything if I missed some obvious scaling issue under Epic :crazyeye:

Hi, entertaining work here.

I'm unfamiliar with epic speed pace so can't say how nicely timed are all your milestones but wanted to add my 2c.

I would have entered Renaissance asap, so Banking. In the end you reformed at t228 while you could have entered Renaissance on t231 judging from some screenshots, with half of China converted so.. 13 cities following your religion? That's not capped out (<20) but I feel yields now are better than later. Those hammers you get from WoT would have flowed into the slowly built Palace, and the science would have helped catching up with China (Wu beelines her UU) who is a serious contender for Pisa. You might be slower at building the wonder without WoT hammers but you get there earlier. Your war is going well so no need to unlock better units, and delaying the research of all the bottom tech tree means those techs will be cheaper (more opponents learning about them), while trade routes to and from China grant more beakers for the time being.

Most important of all, since you're playing Progress the Era scaling on your policies really pays off, because all your cities are steadly growing and churning buildings. That's more food/culture/gold everywhere, also science from councils and better CS yields... I just like to beeline the next Era :) Feel free to ignore everything if I missed some obvious scaling issue under Epic :crazyeye:
That's true. But one more reason why I dont wanna advance era now is it will give everyone a spy, and Im sure some of them will send spy immediately to my capital, thats gonna be bad, while I dont wanna spy on China - the tech leader because it will give negative point to our relationship, I want to befriend China. Also Im not too far behind China, and while she beeline to get her UU, there's a fair chance she will not go for Chemistry next.

I didn't think about that, but I wouldn't care much about enemy spies with mandirs and possibly early constabulary. I wouldn't place a spy in Bejing anyway, but in Korea or Iroquis lands: are they doing alright science-wise? Are China and Iroquis friendly each other or there's a chance to uncover some secret invasion plan? I've got a feeling Venice giving China so much room to freely expand rigged this game in her favor, on the other hand she didn't mind your expansion and might be leaned to fight her hippie neighbour...

I didn't think about that, but I wouldn't care much about enemy spies with mandirs and possibly early constabulary. I wouldn't place a spy in Bejing anyway, but in Korea or Iroquis lands: are they doing alright science-wise? Are China and Iroquis friendly each other or there's a chance to uncover some secret invasion plan? I've got a feeling Venice giving China so much room to freely expand rigged this game in her favor, on the other hand she didn't mind your expansion and might be leaned to fight her hippie neighbour...
Place spy in Korea and Iroquois wont do anything good. They are 2 techs ahead of me but I have alot of cheap techs unresearched, so advancing era will shot me far ahead of them, even pass China now. Mandirs do not make me completely invulrable to enemy spies, they still can steal gold, disrupt my production, steal my science, etc... and Constabulary is not on my priority now.
And yeah China next to Venice is something you dont like to happen. But I like to play random game so I think its more interesting this way.

Prolonging war to to kill innocent missionaries and get an edge over korea didn't sound like "total peaceful" play. Sounds more like the typical abusing bad AI decision making.....

Prolonging war to to kill innocent missionaries and get an edge over korea didn't sound like "total peaceful" play. Sounds more like the typical abusing bad AI decision making.....

You do not kill Missionaries, you capture them...and then when you delete them, you are just dispersing them not killing. Otherwise, deleting your own units that you do not want anymore would mean killing.... Also, In VP the AI is getting insane resource bonuses to compensate for its idiocy, so if you do not take advantage of their weaknesses, you are just going to lose....

You do not kill Missionaries, you capture them...and then when you delete them, you are just dispersing them not killing. Otherwise, deleting your own units that you do not want anymore would mean killing.... Also, In VP the AI is getting insane resource bonuses to compensate for its idiocy, so if you do not take advantage of their weaknesses, you are just going to lose....
Then call it eliminating, it the same.
They mainly get production advantages by less production cost. And some yields for great events like founding new cities, people or eras. But they dont have any discount on faith purchase, the discount for faith units were removed more than one year ago. So in point of religious war, human and AI are on the same level.
Hey im not violate any of my rules :)
Yeah I know :mischief: still hoped you would go full peacefull mode and didnt use their dumpness.

Well, I think playing to the rules is fair enough, other than that I will do any means necessary to win. Deity AIs are no joke, Ive lost multiple times. The closest was the game I posted in the Strategy sub-forum, where I get my ass kicked hard by Spain :)

Well, I think playing to the rules is fair enough, other than that I will do any means necessary to win. Deity AIs are no joke, Ive lost multiple times. The closest was the game I posted in the Strategy sub-forum, where I get my ass kicked hard by Spain :)
Yeah, its fair ;) I had to abandon my last game with the progress try, while at war with an enemy in the west, 2 civs from north and another one from east declared war on me on same time, making it impossible to defend.

Well, I've learnt that I lost because:
- I cant build wonders, I dont have enough policies.
- My cities are not defensive enough, while I still can defend, my economy is getting to much damage to the point I cannot recover.
- Im not making enough farms, while making too many lumber mills and logging camps.
- I spend too much effort trying to convert my neighbour.
This game Im doing much better.

- My cities are not defensive enough, while I still can defend, my economy is getting to much damage to the point I cannot recover.
Investing plenty of ressources only to defend and beat wave after wave of enemies is annoying, especially if you have to face happiness problems you may get sooner or later with india, due to their big population.
I feel with you.
- I spend too much effort trying to convert my neighbour.
Thats a point I never really care. I have the advantage in pressure generating, so I will use this advantage and never use any faith in converting my neighbors, sooner or later their religion will fall. Cause of that I always prefer Holy Law over Way of Transcendence. The AI accept some follower of your religion in their cities, making it relative easy to reach the 200 population cap, but always try to convert foreign religions in their own cities, making reaching the cap of 20 cities much more difficult.
If you reach the 20 city or 200 population cap before medieval and after finishing your first policy tree, both should give around 60k yields, but Holy Law have an open end. In the end, all you have to do is grow, grow as much as your happiness allows.

I mean not defensive enough is my cities placement was not defensive enough. The AI cant take any of my cities, but they can pillages tiles, road, block trade,... In my past games my cities were too open and vulnerable. Once I was attacked, 2 or 3 of my cities were render useless and generate lost of unhappiness due to pillaged tiles, famine, porverty, distress... and my econony take a very big hit because of that. I learnt my lesson and this time Im gonna make sure that it doesnt happen anymore.

I think people misunderstand India's UA sometimes. Trading missionaries for more pressure is not a bonus, its a big negative (offset by how powerful cheaper great prophets are). By focusing on spreading religion, you are focusing on your own weakness. Let's say you do flip your neighbor, what did you gain? Maybe one less war? It isn't that big of a deal.

Late game your pressure does do damage to neighbors though. They get unhappiness and may have to buy inquisitors when they are expensive.

I think people misunderstand India's UA sometimes. Trading missionaries for more pressure is not a bonus, its a big negative (offset by how powerful cheaper great prophets are). By focusing on spreading religion, you are focusing on your own weakness. Let's say you do flip your neighbor, what did you gain? Maybe one less war? It isn't that big of a deal.

Late game your pressure does do damage to neighbors though. They get unhappiness and may have to buy inquisitors when they are expensive.
Thats true, so Im not doing it in this game :)

Last edited:
Hello guys, here's another update:
In the last part, I was able to pick my reformation belief on turn 228. Im also catching up very quickly in tech now as my science output was greatly increase after University, Academy, and School of Philosophy. Aslo, my capital is growing fast thanks to my UB and those farms.
Spoiler War between AIs :
China declares war on The Iroquois. She has Chukonu now, I hope Iroquois can defend, China will grow out of control if shes able to take cities. 4 cities converted seems not enough for her to adopt my religion. But there's little I could do about it, I will let my pressure doing the rest now. China is not too far ahead of me in tech now, but shes still far ahead in Culture, she's 3 policies ahead of me and Im kinda worry about it. China obviously gonna be the first to pick Ideaology.
All Civs on my continent go Progress - Artistry, with only one exception is the Morocco, he goes Progress - Statecraft.
My workers are choping those jungle to make farms. With India, farms is far stronger than logging camps. I will leave some forest to make Lumber mills though, but farms triangle is still priority.
Im building Writer guild in my Capital, Agra and Mumbai, all other cities complete the forge, barrack, arena combo.
167.jpg

Spoiler China has entered Renaissance :
China has entered Renaissance on turn 231. She gets to Renaissance through Gun powder. I hope Iroquois can keep up.
169.jpg
I send my spy to Marrakech as a diplomat to gain experience, then he will sit in my capital, Im gonna be the tech leader soon, and I dont want to spy on China.
170.jpg

Spoiler Humanism unlocked :
Turn 233, I unlock Humanism. It increase my Culture output from 108 to 147 per turn. This is huge.
172.jpg

Spoiler A tip to save some time :
Here's a tip to save some precious time (when you have enough money). Im about to complete Compass and I want to explore the world right after that. But I cannot buy a Caravel without harbour and my city will take quite some time to build it. So just buy a trireme now, and upgrade it to Caravel, it costs just a little more than buy the Caravel, but it will save you a lot of precious turns. Believe me little thing like this sometimes makes big different.
174.jpg

Spoiler C'mon :
Really? Does this guy think he can do anything to me? He's lucky I have rules, if not I will gladly take his land and make him a vassal already.
175.jpg

Spoiler Explore the world :
I upgrade 2 triremes I bought to Caravel and set them to auto explore because Im lazy :)... Dont do that if you want to perfect your game.
177.jpg

Spoiler Perfect Defense :
Anyone who cross that river is dead. This time I show no mercy, I dont want to stay at war for long.
178.jpg

Spoiler Lv3 Spy in No time :
I got my spy to lv3 in 23 turns, on Epic speed (its 1,5x slower than Standard). I find that even if you want your spy to steal tech, send him as diplomat to gain level first. Spies gain level so fast as diplomat, and lv3 spy is much more effective compare to lv1. Hes gonna sit in my capital now.
179.jpg

Spoiler Poor Hiawatha :
Well, I guess Hiawatha is dead now. 9 turns left to Chemistry, my Writers and Artirsts are used for Great Works. Any newly born Prophet will be Holy Sites. And China adopted my Religion, as well as Polynessia. Very good!
180.jpg

That's it for this part. Thank you guys for reading :D

I'll try to prove that you are wrong here. Just want to wait for next version (and probably couple of hotfixes)

Top Bottom