India UHV

Did anybody won India UHV? If yes, how did you survive barbarian war elephants?
Have a look in the "sticky" thread "useful links". You will find a link to strategies for all civs. To survive barb elephants try to get iron working. SE of Dehli is iron. 2 spearman normally survive a barb elephant, especially when promoted against mounted units (3rd promotion)

When going for the UHV, I harassed China and went for Mathematics to get Confucianism, which gave me catapults. I used warriors and catapults (promoted with first strike) to fend off the barbarians elephants until I could get spearmen and elephants of my own out, and eventually settle the rest of the subcontinent.

I also placed a couple of warriors on hills to fogbust most of the subcontinent but I noticed that the barbs still appear even in visible territory, so I'm not sure how effective that is.

Fogbusting doesn't work in RFC. You'll have to fight them the hard way, which probably involves archers behind walls until you can get spearmen out to defend your terrain improvements.

Another question: to be first in population I have to have more than 13000000 people (the average size of China in 1200 in my games). Is it possible?

A city with high population has more people than a lot of small cities. E.g. a city with 14 population has more people than 2 cities with 7 population. Just let Delhi grow as much as possible and you should be safe :)

Rush an army and go there. You could either send a stack over land or even better, send a few galleys. A smart mix of catapults, medic units, city raiders and defensive units (forests are common in China) should do the trick. Attack a few coastal cities and China should collapse pretty soon.

Or you could send your starting warrior to China, and on the way upgrade him to woodsman 2 (or 3). Declare war on China and destroy the farm on the wheat (if already build). Send your warrior 2 south 2 east of the wheat. Every turn you go 1 north 1 west to check if there is a worker on the wheat. If so capture it, if not go back and check again next turn. This will slow China down because they keep builing workers. Normally you can get 4-8 workers from them. After a while it becomes impossible to do this anymore, e.g. they build archers to defend the worker. If so you can declare peace and kill them later on.

Top Bottom