Indian Aggro Bug

tour86rocker

Warlord
I'm playing with the 1.01 patch. I've played a couple of times now and I like that the Indians are not diplomatic push-overs in some of the ways that they previously were.

One thing that is bothering is a situation I've run into a couple of times already. I have Sioux to my west and east and Spanish to my north. The Spanish colonize to my west and fight with the Sioux. I get drawn into the war. Several turns later I'm in a position to take the Spanish colony to my west.

The Spanish colony square is, say, 85% Spanish sovereignty and and 15% Sioux. I conquer the colony and whether I raze it or keep it, the Sioux declare war for stealing "their" land.

Thinking about it now, it's possible that the Sioux made a truce with the Spanish and I missed it. But I don't think this necessarily happened. Regardless, it goes against sense that there should be no option to peaceably cede/return the land to the Sioux before they immediately declare war.

One way of doing this would be to have a diplomatic pop-up where the Sioux or other Indians note that you are in a position to return land to them that is rightfully theirs. How you respond to their query could decide what happens next; angering them would cause a war if they aren't +14 happy with you.

This could also be fixed more simply with a radio button choice added beside the Burn Baby Burn and Install a New Governor. The third option could be "Return Land to Natives".

This has been a problem since the release of the game. When you take land by conquest, the Indians automatically pretend you took it from them.

I agree, some kind of option to prevent this should be included, especially now that Indian relations are more important.

Top Bottom