1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Indian Aggro Bug

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Strategy & Tips' started by tour86rocker, Mar 17, 2009.

1. tour86rocker

tour86rocker Warlord

I'm playing with the 1.01 patch. I've played a couple of times now and I like that the Indians are not diplomatic push-overs in some of the ways that they previously were.

One thing that is bothering is a situation I've run into a couple of times already. I have Sioux to my west and east and Spanish to my north. The Spanish colonize to my west and fight with the Sioux. I get drawn into the war. Several turns later I'm in a position to take the Spanish colony to my west.

The Spanish colony square is, say, 85% Spanish sovereignty and and 15% Sioux. I conquer the colony and whether I raze it or keep it, the Sioux declare war for stealing "their" land.

Thinking about it now, it's possible that the Sioux made a truce with the Spanish and I missed it. But I don't think this necessarily happened. Regardless, it goes against sense that there should be no option to peaceably cede/return the land to the Sioux before they immediately declare war.

One way of doing this would be to have a diplomatic pop-up where the Sioux or other Indians note that you are in a position to return land to them that is rightfully theirs. How you respond to their query could decide what happens next; angering them would cause a war if they aren't +14 happy with you.

This could also be fixed more simply with a radio button choice added beside the Burn Baby Burn and Install a New Governor. The third option could be "Return Land to Natives".

2. Antilogic

Antilogic --

This has been a problem since the release of the game. When you take land by conquest, the Indians automatically pretend you took it from them.

I agree, some kind of option to prevent this should be included, especially now that Indian relations are more important.