Indian couple drive everywhere in reverse

People never cease to amaze me!

Can this be legal?

An Indian taxi driver and his wife have become locally famous for driving everywhere in reverse.

Harpreet Devi, from Bhatinda, started driving backwards when his car got stuck in reverse gear and he had to drive 35 miles home.

He said: "After dropping off some students, I backed out the car a little and found the gear lever stuck on reverse.

"There was no way I could release it so I drove in reverse, all the way back home. It gave me the confidence that I could really do it. That incident became an inspiration for more."

He and his wife Krishna have now mastered the art of driving in reverse at speeds of up to 25mph on the highways and say they can navigate their car through heavy traffic.

Harpreet has been driving his taxi in reverse for the last two years and says he has covered around 7,500 miles, reports Asian News International

He now wants to drive his vehicle in reverse across India's border with Pakistan taking with him a message of peace and friendship.

The husband and wife are now known locally as the 'reverse couple'.

Story filed: 09:18 Tuesday 23rd December 2003

LINK

Ananova
He now wants to drive his vehicle in reverse across India's border with Pakistan taking with him a message of peace and friendship.

:lol: If that doesn't disarm them, nothing can.

which car was it again that is reverse as fast as normal, Saab?

Isnt it considered dangerous driving ? i am pretty sure if i try this on the high way here in Canada that i will be arrested and charge a fine.

road rules in india? :)

bit hopeful there.

if it was anywhere else i'd be worried but traffic conditions there are crazy anyway.

Umm - I seem to remember that it was either the British or the Canadians who liberated Belgium by driving in reverse.

It fooled the German occupiers who thought that that it was their own tanks withdrawing.

They should tear up the inside of their car and put the seats and wheel on the other side. Then they'd just have a really slow car with backwards turning. ;)

I bet his wife has the best parking skills of any woman around the globe.. ;)

Top Bottom