Indian Trade

classical_hero

In whom I trust
Please discuss this trade that looks to be very beneficial to us. I thought it would be best to trade with India because they have the GL
Indian Trade

Regards, Classical_Hero,Trade deputy

A bit of a background - It looks like India might be at war with China, America and Russia... We do have a gpt deal with them.

I'm at work, so I've only looked at the file in CivAssist, but new info:

America needs Feudalism
China has Engineering
The new world seems resouce poor (many don't have Iron and 2 don't have horses).

If we are going to trade Chivalry to anyone then China can just turn around and trade Engineering for Chivalry. So lets use Chivalry @2 to try and get Engineering @2.

I'm at work so I can't figure out the details, but we should try (in order):
1. Trade Feudalism to America for Theo or Republic and their gold.
2. Chivalry to China for Engineering
3. Chivalry to Russia for whatever we can get (as Russia doesn't have horses)
4. Trade Engineering to anyone in the new world for whatever we can get.
5. Chivalry and Engineering to India for whatever we can get (since they will get it from GL anyway).

Problem with that is, India haas Great Library.

They know us and we know Chiv.

If we trade Chiv to someone else then either:
A: India gets it by GL, OR
B: India doesn't get it, which means that we know that the other contient has Education, and thus we are way behind technologically...

Besides, we've just entered a Golden Age. It'll take us only 3 Turns to get the balance of Engineering.

Wait a sec... I forgot about America needing Feud...

Deal Found!

Sir Donald III said:
Problem with that is, India haas Great Library.

They know us and we know Chiv.

Its not a problem, its an opportunity to get the most from the trades. As long as we trade Chivalry to India on the same turn that we trade it to someone else we can maximize profit. I use this trick in my solo games all the time when another CIV has GL. Get the best deal you can from the highest bidder and then sell to the Civ with GL on the same turn.

I don't know if this will work when we research Engineering on our own, but if it does then on turn 3 we should trade Engineering to India for whatever they can give us.

Your trade option is a bit costly SD3. I think we should trade for theology and republic, we don't know how far ahead they are in tech.

If we trade Chivalry to 2 civs other than India, they won't get it until next turn. That's because the Great Library only takes effect during the IBT (in between turn).

Well, you'd still have to consider that the Sci Advisor says we're Backwards. (Not just that we're only Moderately Advanced.)

What if they all have a bit more than Theo (and Chinese Eng.)?

What if a few Civs already have Education?

On the other hand, MOTH's plan would work well, especially if India already has Education. We might be able to squeeze it in a 2 Tech @ 3rd Deal. Especially if India got Edu from GL.

or attack india and then find other victims.............. (riiight)

the deal seems, fair enough, but maybe should make sure we cant get it cheaper.

I support MOTH's trading plan. The only thing to worry about is the uncertainty with some of the trades, but let's hope for the best.

We should have one turn TCs JUST for trading. This was we can speed up trading and get more out of it.

Alright. TCs tomorrow, so poll goes up tonight.
Poll will be the following: Trade India Chivalry for Theo, Rep, WM, TM and 18g. THEN Trade China Chivalry for Engineering, 32g, WM, TM.

It will be several optioned, with
Yes C/I
Yes C, No I
Yes I, No C
No C/I
Abstain

Where I hope I will not need to explain that C is China and I is India.

SaaM
who will be posting the poll shortly

Top Bottom