Indian Trade

Grindstone

Chieftain
How important is trading with Indians towards the late game? Especially with hikes in the European tax? I never really traded with the natives much, it was a bit of a headache to keep track of what settlement wanted what goods. Is it worth it to track down those who want what you have to sell?

How important is trading with Indians towards the late game? Especially with hikes in the European tax? I never really traded with the natives much, it was a bit of a headache to keep track of what settlement wanted what goods. Is it worth it to track down those who want what you have to sell?

Yes it is. Once the European tax rate gets too high trading with the natives becomes more attractive. Each tribe has its own treasury so after you have emptied one you can move on to the next.

The goods that each settlement requires is indicated by a small icon next to the settlemant name. Another way to view this is by using the display icons on the left hand side of the map screen. If you toggle on ‘Resource Display’ and then select ‘Map View’ (or use F11) you will see a global view with an option to change the information displayed to ‘Native Goods Requests’.

Thanks for that. I completely forgot about the icon displaying the goods wanted. Do the treasuries refill over time on their own?

Top Bottom