1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Indian War Plan

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game VI: Citizens' started by CivGeneral, Apr 3, 2005.

1. CivGeneral

CivGeneral Valkyrie Grand General

After going through consideration that one of the Dutch cities has an iron resource built right on top of it, it has come to our attention that the war with the Dutch would only solve nothing but a couple of razed resources and a failed attemt to deny iron to the dutch. After learning that, I have switched my stance from a Dutchcrat to an Indiancrat and push forward for a war against the Indians.

At the moment, there are two cities that have mature culture ratings that will make them immune to autorazing. The other three cities are not as mature both culture wize and population wize and suseptible to autorazing.

What I plan to have is have an army of swordsmen take the capital city and (hopefully cause capital hoping (A spin-off of Island Hoping in World War II)) capture the city to force the Indians to move their capital to another location. There I would have 2-3 swords split from the main army and head to Bombay while the rest of the army (but one defending sword) to take over Calcutta. Again there, the army splits into two. One heading to Bangalore and the other to Madras.

Once the two major cities have been captured, the capital would move to one of the size 1 cities.

2. Ginger_Ale

Ginger_Ale Lurker Retired Moderator

Instead of 1 big stack by Delhi, why don't we put a stack on the Iron hill where the plan was to start, and they take Delhi. Another stack will start on the BG N of Bentley and go N, then NE and then attack Bombay for the Silks. The Delhi stack will then go after Calcutta, the Bombay stack will go after Madras,and then they'll finish up on Bangalore.

Wouldn't that be quicker (and quicker is better if we're a Republic with WW).

3. Icmancin

Icmancin WSNR Pte

Interesting....
    Perhaps when finished you could take a look at my analysis for the Indian and Dutch war for the External Consul.

4. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

Is the objective still to leave the Indians in the game as a vassal state while making a limited acquisition of their prime real estate, or are we on an elimination path? You should get that clarified by the External Consul. :)

I'm inclined to capture Delhi and Bombay, and take one or more size-1 in the peace deal, and then focus our forces on the Dutch.

5. Icmancin

Icmancin WSNR Pte

I can't speak for mad-bax but his policy states he is not going for complete destruction of the Indians or the Dutch.

6. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

Also, why send only two to three swords to capture a city? No matter how small, even with one spear, the RNG has a way of ticking us humans off.

7. CivGeneral

@Ginger_Ale - The red box represents the assembaly location. I do plan on having the stack on the iron resource 1 turn before the actual decration of war.

@Dave - Sounds like a good idea, but I am skeptical about the AI regarding city trades. Most of the time, the AI are hesitant of giving up their cities.

@RegentMan - Yeah, the RNG has a way to tick us humans off both playing Civ and playing the slot machines :lol:. I would beleve that 5 units would be good, but I chose 2-3 units because I had to take into consideration of our account and budget.

I am inclined to preserve some of the indian cities while encapulating them so that they would remain landlocked. One of the two immature landlocked cities would be spared from our conquest

8. Noldodan

Noldodan 2 years of waiting...

Shouldn't we have some sort of poll on if we want to attack the Indians or not before we start planning for that war? The only war polls I see are one from early last term, which was shot down, and your recent Citizen's Pulse poll where we voted to go to war with the Dutch, rather than the Indians.

9. CivGeneral

Please note that this was before Ginger Ale informed me about the iron resource that is underneath the Dutch city and that the "Denying Iron to the Dutch" would not be feasable. In the Dutch war, we would be left with autorazed cities.

I am still awaiting (Hint hint to Max-bax ;) ) for the offical one from the External Affairs office. Since at the moment, the Indian/Dutch war is an issue that has divided the citizens.

10. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

I am still for the Dutch War. Civgeneral need to plan both wars.

11. CivGeneral

Beleve me its not easy to side for eather wars (In Real Life I am a Moderate/Centrist), As a Commander, I (as Provo states) "need to plan for both wars". If we are to go to war against the Dutch, our objectives would have to change (Since denying iron from the Dutch would be a challenge if we go to war against them first) and accept that we need to produce settlers to fill in the void the autorazed dutch cities.

12. blackheart

blackheart unenlightened

Sounds good, but we should take into consideration Indian reinforcements and perhaps amphibiously land a spearman behind Delhi to prevent anymore defenders joining Delhi.

13. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

Gridlines please. I'd also like to see tile-by-tile how we're going to move.

14. truckingpete

truckingpete On a Stark Trek

WAR!!

Umm..I think we should hold this war plan for awhile..

We are at war with Persia AND Japan!!

This could be bad!!!

I say build more units..let's stay on the defensive for these 2 wars!!!

- TP

15. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

In my experiences, having units next to an AI city makes them whip and rush defenders to that city. Can anyone else clarify?

16. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Chieftain

I agree with Nolodan, maybe we should vote on this war before planning for and executing it. That would seem to be the best option

17. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

We are indeed at war with these two civilizations. However, they are too far away to pose any threat. Let us continue with our India vs. Dutch war debate (go Dutch war!).

18. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

We could always have the Dutch attack Japan. That way, we can attack India, and then have the Dutch send their forces to the other side of the continent. Once we're through with India, we can attack the Dutch while they have most of their forces on the other side of the pangaea. This tactic was done multiple times in DG2.

19. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

Interesting idea, Chieftess. This would greatly speed up our conquest of the Netherlands.

20. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

If we go war with india, i am in favor of wipeing them out. theres nothing to be gained by leaving a angry civ on our borders. also if we are at war with nations far away i pled with the Military not to attack them at all, so when we make peace we can make them polite. If we take there citys they will hate us for ever