Indias personality

dirtworm

Warlord
Well i started next to india and if i am remembering correctly they tend to not be so willing to run someone over. I'm not on a real high level and I am going on that bit of knowledge of mine...
also with that there was quite a bit of arctic, enough for 10 or so cities evenly spaced...so i was trying to settle it, thought I would get something but India put a few cities pretty close to a few of mine. I assume there is oil in their lands. Would it seem logical to let them sit there until I need the oil...or when I feel I can defend against an "attack" from India?

Each tribe has an 'agression level' listed in the civlopedia. I'm pretty sure India's is low. I wouldn't goto war over tundra. India usually falls behind in techs, so you can bribe them into a MA with obsolete techs.

India is a major backstabbing civ in this game. Actually many of us object to this as it is not funny to pose Gandhi as a dishonourable sneak. Anyway, watch your back with India nearby.

India is a major backstabbing civ in this game. Actually many of us object to this as it is not funny to pose Gandhi as a dishonourable sneak. Anyway, watch your back with India nearby.

I've heard that too, but India gets kicked around every game their in, so can you blame Ghandi??? Joan is also a backstabber, but she's a nice partner while it lasts.

I always find myself having India declaring war on me. If they are on the map, they will be declaring war. I now use them as targets when I am doing testing of unit combat modifications. They are a major pain in the body parts.

I don't think that India is particularly given to backstabbing, it's just more memorable when Gandhi does it because he's "supposed" to be non-aggressive.

All AI civs are backstabbers, they are programmed to be that way. Sign a RoP and an MPP and watch them backstab you 2 turns later by sending troops in. That's my experience with any AI Civ, trust them at your peril.

I don't think you can call a Civ a backstabber just because they declare war on you.

The thing that is annoying about Gandhi (and Abe) as they are written into the game is that they can be gracious right up to the minute they wander in and declare war while in your land. You know going in that the Germans, the Mongols and the Zulu will attack but they generally do so honourably in my experience. They declare and then invade.

Deadhead cynics wrote in Abe and Gandhi to be dishonourable. That is my objection to how this plays out.

i decided to attack them once i got the saltpepper to upgrade all my knights...
didn't realize that india would stack 12 units in half their cities, i definfalty underestimated them

Top Bottom