Indie game “Great Houses Of Calderia” looking for playtesters

The_J

Say No 2 Net Validations
Administrator
Supporter

The indie game "Great Houses Of Calderia" is currently looking for playtesters.

The game itself is a 4X game, set in a fantasy world with a renaissance theme. It trailer and pictures give a similar feeling to various Paradox games.

If you want to have an early look, you can sign up for the playtest here for another week. Please check before the Steam page for the system requirements.

The indie game "Great Houses Of Calderia" is currently looking for playtesters.

The game itself is a 4X game, set in a fantasy world with a renaissance theme. It trailer and pictures give a similar feeling to various Paradox games.

If you want to have an early look, you can sign up for the playtest here for another week. Please check before the Steam page for the system requirements.

Thanks for bringing this up. As much as we all would love to make 4X strategy games in Resistance Games (and actually have a really cool 4X game we try to get funded as our next project after GHoC), I have to correct a bit that it's not really a 4X game as much as it is a grand strategy. We don't have exploration nor the usual expansion part in the game. Player's direct rule is limited to just one fiefdom - which allows a lot more concrete handling on that fiefdom. I'd say Great Houses of Calderia is Crusader Kings meets the Settlers in its overall approach, with a very distinct way to handle not just war via conflict resolution system, but also other politics.

But yes, now is still a chance to join our very first playtest session for this week more - but there will be other further chances as well.

Br,

Jussi Autio
Creative Director of Resistance Games - the developers

Hey there, thanks for popping by :wavey:.

Interesting to hear. So far I've always used 4X and grand strategy as interchangable, and never thought about the differences. I'm not sure if there are any grand strategy games without the first 2 X... I think this should prevent some of the late-game drag with a too big empire... :think: could be a good choice.

Top Bottom