1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Indonesia discussion

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by nunor, May 17, 2013.

1. digrosz

digrosz Dirty Frank

Maybe the Kris could generate faith when it gets killed... Seems like that's a bit of a stretch though

2. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

The achievement suggests the Enemy Blade promotion will be a poor one.

3. goodday

goodday Chieftain

Frankly, I don't know. I can think of few a faith related aspect for an UU like a missionary/inquisitor hybrid, great prophet attached unit, increased strength for each different religion in your civ, but of course they don't fit the kris.

I just feel that the current random promotion doesn't really capture the mystical blade aspect. It's like they just slap a mechanic from a scenario and call it a day. "Mystical" should be closely related to faith imo.

4. HeraldtheGreat

HeraldtheGreat Chieftain

When stationed in a city, it should be able to but promotions.

5. bob massingbird

bob massingbird Chieftain

Has anyone got info about who is the voice actor for Gajah Mada?

He sounds like a middle aged guy with smooth command of Old Javanese, so likely he is a university professor/researcher. That will make it just like Kamehameha who is IIRC voiced by University of Hawaii professor.

6. seancolorado

seancolorado Chieftain

No, but I've tried to find out. I really want to contact him actually and ask him a few questions but fat chance that happens.

I think there's a good chance he is a very creative type. He has that kind of artistic Javanese flow in his voice that not everybody has

7. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

They might give credit in the manual. The original manual gives credit and the G&K manual might as well. The DLC has no manual, so those people can only be tracked down if they identify themselves (like the voice actor for Kamehameha did). Hopefully, after it is released, you'll have the info you need.

8. Kizo

Kizo Chieftain

On the "how else to use Faith with a UU" train of thought: How about a unit that spends Faith for a combat strength boost?

9. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

The voice actors for Augustus and Catherine are also university professors both in McGill in Montreal.

10. bob massingbird

any new info about Spice Islanders UA? WHat is the resource and how many type/copy we got?

with all 9 civ revealed and even the Civilopedia leaked I hope we gt clearance on this soon.

11. seancolorado

seancolorado Chieftain

Was the civilopedia leaked though or just the screenshots for the Venice and Shoshone civs?

12. goodday

goodday Chieftain

I asked themaelstorm through pm to check the new luxury resources on the civilopedia. He said he will check it when he get back home. He also said that he didn't encountered new resources during play.

13. bob massingbird

Damn so it is more likely that the civ will only get lux which are not spawned by the game in the map.

14. seancolorado

seancolorado Chieftain

I think it's more likely that he just didn't encounter it because Indonesia never settled on a new continent during his playthrough (the AI doesn't seem to like doing that in all the screenshots I've seen)

Unless the Venice tips are some unnecessarily elaborate hoax, then Indonesia 100% has a completely new and unique resource

15. goodday

goodday Chieftain

Well, I take it that he mean he didn't encountered new resources on the map. But dunno.

We know that there will be new resource(s) tied to a civ and now we're pretty sure that civ is Indonesia. So I will be surprised and disappointed if it's not a brand new unique resource.

16. Wielki Hegemon

Wielki Hegemon Chieftain

17. wigwam

wigwam Chieftain

Good catch!

18. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

Very good catch. I really hope they change "Spices" to Tea or Coffee or something else that's not a spice, though, since Nutmeg is a spice.

19. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

The next question then is: Is it just (6x) Nutmeg, or are there 2 or 3 types of luxuries unique to Indonesia?

20. bob massingbird

Is that screenshot from World Congress resolution to ban Nutmeg?