1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Indonesia First Look

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Oct 17, 2017.

1. KayAU

KayAU King

Maybe some minor improvements then, but still a complete pushover. Oh well. I find it somewhat odd that they are not able to do make the AI do combat more effectively.

2. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

Indonesia came with a luxury car?

3. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Didn't you get yours?

CPWimmer, Kimiimaro and Zaarin like this.
  4. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

I did. Unfortunately, I needed the money, so I sold the BMW to pay for a significantly upgraded computer to play Civ VI.

In fact, I can get an iMac Pro as well, but am waiting for it to come out.

Spoiler Disclaimer :
    I never had a BMW and will need to work to get all the luxuries

Kimiimaro likes this.
  5. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

You silly people! Isnt it obvious he's talking about Brave Mew World? The cat expansion of Civ5.

6. seancolorado

seancolorado Deity

Hey! I remember you well. And I am also glad to see some other familiar faces are still around. I remember I was campaigning so hard for Indonesia in BNW that I almost lost sight that it was a video game and not an international conference.

For Civ 6, I actually forgot about its existence entirely. I stopped playing video games for a while just because I have been so busy with life but then an Indonesian newspaper had an article about Gitarja being added to Civ, so it reminded me: "Hey, Civ was my favorite game! I was thinking about buying Civ 6!" So I might have done it eventually, but now I will do it immediately

Gitarja is the best choice they could have picked for a female Indonesian leader. And I really like playing coastal. So getting back into the swing of things was a no-brainer for me. Really excited to see what changes they have made. Steam reviews seem to be lukewarm about it. But honestly I am going to take the leap of faith because I see a lot of new mechanics and Civs that look different than any past iterations of the game

7. Chibisuke

Chibisuke Warlord

Of the two new civs, Indonesia seems to be more consistently good. The boost to faith from settling on the coast is very good at the start of the game. You pretty much get your choice of pantheons in most games, and after you settle a few cities you can start purchasing ships with faith and easily take enemy coastal cities. The coastal bonus to districts is not that important. However, getting an upgraded Frigate from Mercenaries is pretty huge. The Jong is OP. It's way better than the Kmer ballista elephant.

Zaarin likes this.
  8. AessaSH

AessaSH Warlord

After lurking at Reddit, I found something interesting.

Has anyone verify these bonuses in the game?

Never know that I can abuse Jong's ability like this.

Hilarious.. :lol:

Katakanja, Zaarin and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  9. Eagle Pursuit

I just hit Mass Production. I have 5 farms, 2 plantations, 4 fishing boats, and 4 Kampungs in my capital. The city chart says I have 9 Housing from improvements. A little math says the Kampungs are still only at 1 Housing.

10. kingofsealand

kingofsealand Warlord

I definitely am getting two production per kampung after civil engineering, it showed up on the world tracker i think as I was researching it but doesn't seem to be in the tech tree description. Idk about the other bonuses, one of my cities has like 34 housing despite having no neighborhoods and a ton of kampungs so that might explain it. Either way these are insanely powerful, and almost too good if that tourism bonus is for real. Farmed grassland hills for nearly half of my coastal tiles? Yes please.

11. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

My ears hurt listening to the Atomic version of Indonesia's theme. Anyone who has the same experience?

12. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

No. It's magnificent and emotionally inspiring. :p

DWilson and Kimiimaro like this.
  13. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

:agree:

DWilson likes this.
  14. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

I also find myself in agreement.

Kimiimaro likes this.
  15. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

I guess it is just me who finds it too loud. Other era is great.

16. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

Then turn the volume down :lol:

17. seancolorado

seancolorado Deity

First playthrough in. Started with Indonesia on island plates. First impression is that there are a lot of similarities to Civ 5 in that I don't enjoy island maps that much, even though I love coastal play itself. For leader itself, much more well-rounded Indonesia than Gajah Mada. Prince is kind of boring. Thought I might need it for a "tutorial" setting but not necessary, so far.

The coastal faith at start, big fan. Like the Kampung as well. Can't assess Jong fairly first go around although I guess I can't with anything at this point

2nd playthrough going to go for a more classic map and up the difficulty a notch or two. Will randomize civ and hope for a good "starter" one, whatever that means, but any tips are welcome

Good to be back in the community!

Zaarin, sonicmyst, bite and 1 other person like this.
  18. Onii-chan

Onii-chan King

So uhh... is the Kampung housing bonus global or something?

I mean I have 73 housing in my capital...

19. Eagle Pursuit

Amanitore hates me because I have a large population, but I have run out of land to place districts on. She must think we are shiftless beachbums or something.

20. kingofsealand

kingofsealand Warlord

Hey, just wanted to say I don't think it's global I compared one of my kampung heavy cities to one with only a couple, and the kampung-less city had a rational amount of housing (16 after having built 1 neighborhood) whereas my city with 7 kampungs and no neighborhoods has 41 housing for its 23 citizens, 33 of that being from improvements. Must be a lot of empty stilt homes! The city only has 1 farm and 6 fishing boats so almost all of that is from the kampungs.