1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Indonesia Unable To Expand

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by kamex, Nov 23, 2017.

1. kamex

kamex Emperor

Currently playing the official TSL East Asia map on Prince, and AI Indonesia has failed to settle a second city. Its now way past turn 200 and still nothing. Is this a bug?

Guandao likes this.
  2. Haig

Haig Deity

I have seen them expand in two games they were in Earth map. Weird, maybe they go for One City Challenge?
    Are there many civs in asia that might prevent free space for cities? Like Khmer, Japan, Australia etc.

3. Rosty K

Rosty K King

There seems to be a slight problem with Indonesia expansion on the random maps as well. Seems like she's just trying to send the settlers too far away and fails...

4. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

On my TSL Asia map game, Gitarja managed to settled a second city after a long time.

5. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

Happens to me too. Seems like AI Gitarja has problem settling on other islands with barb camps.

6. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Yeah especially with barbs on. AI has trouble clearing barb camps on islands.

But even without barbs, the AI just does not like to settle on islands. It would be nice if they could have changed that coding for Indonesia. On the Greatest Earth map (YAMP mod) they do like to settle on New Guinea with barbarians turned off. The AI loves that island. I often see the Aztecs settle it, sometimes Japan or Australia. But they won't settle any other islands. Instead they go to unappealing locations in Africa or Siberia.

My last game on fractal actually had the best performance of Indonesia. Interestingly enough, they seem to do better with a pretty sizable chunk of land, at least as an AI. That game had about 7 or 8 Indonesian cities.