Industrial age worker tip

TimBentley

Deity
Generally, in the industrial age (this came to me in a variant where the goal is to make another specific civ win, which is why I haven't won yet) after railroads have been built all over, your workers have nothing to do other than clean pollution, plant and chop forests, and improve new tiles as you gain new cities or your cities grow (e.g. converting mines to irrigation by your corrupt cities). You can save worker turns by planting and chopping a forest (assuming the terrain is correct and there hasn't already been a chop there) when you want to irrigate or mine a tile. For example, you can road a jungle, chop it, build a railroad, plant a forest, chop the forest, and irrigate the tile. This will get all your chops done faster.

I usually spend most of my workers' lives making airfields all over, and since it destroys the mine/irrigation, I have to rebuild it with what few i have left. Besides that, I bring them to the other continent/island I'm invading, build a city, and one tile over build an airfield so you don't have to worry about the logistics of transports

until then, I will boost my cities population with them so i get the effects of a city faster(in republic for the 3 troop support). And besides that, there's not a while lot you can do with them, just plant forests in tundra and chop 'em down.

Am i missing anything?

Michael

well, in the industrial age you have rails to build, mountains to mine, jungle to clear...

I do merge a lot of workers in the IA - in a 20K game, I'll leave a group designated for pollution cleanup of my 20K city

Top Bottom