1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Industrial district keep on being sabotaged even with a counterspy

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by WankIT, Oct 27, 2016.

1. WankIT

WankIT Chieftain

Anyone else found this?
    Its very frustrating. My largest city, with a full industrial district got sabotaged 3 times in a row (after I fixed everything) even with a spy assigned to the district to counterspy after the first time it got sabotaged.
    And how can a spy be able to destroy all the district buildings? Isnt this a little excessive? Am i missing something here.

2. Plus Ultra

Plus Ultra Conquistador

Happened to me too, several times, during the last stages of my science victory. I had TWO spies stationed there. I quite liked it, it showed the AI was trying their best to stop me (yes, some of the AI spies ended up dead eventually).

It only took me 5 turns to rebuild everything (1 for workshop, 2 for factory and 2 for power plant), did it take longer for you?

3. WankIT

WankIT Chieftain

takes me longer, 2,4 and 4 or 5. Been trying to build my first battleship there and and nothing yet after 35 turns cause I keep on repairing this zone.

4. DemonMaster

DemonMaster A.K.A. Fenhorn

Besides that they sabotage your industrial zones, the AI seems to think that I am some sort of bank :sad:, well I did the same to them so whats goes around ...

5. spfun

spfun King

Counterspying could do with a buff in that there's to many districts to defend compared with spies you can own. The AI like the industrial district the most but also steal tech boosts and you can't defend every city and like the OP said they get through quite often anyway.

6. DemonMaster

DemonMaster A.K.A. Fenhorn

Doesn't counterspy protect the district they are sent to as well as all the surrounding areas. Of course this doesn't help unless you have built your districts very dense.

7. SheckyS

SheckyS Warlord

Yeah, the UI for spying is just terrible. Every few turns I have to give my counterspies the same orders. And the UI is really BAD. I have to click the city, then click to confirm. Then I have to click the project (district to protect). And you have to repeat this every few turns. It gets REALLY tedious really fast. And on top of that, it seems to be pretty ineffective. There's no way you could possibly hope to cover even a tiny fraction of your districts and even if you could, it just drags the whole game down into unbelievably tedious micromanagement. :(

8. Grotius

Grotius Prince

This happened to me too. I wish I got more feedback on why my counterspy didn't work.

And yes, the spy UI is tedious and annoying. Why can't we have the option to leave a spy on counterspy indefinitely? For that matter, to have it set on "raise visibility level" indefinitely? Or at least a "repeat previous mission" button?

9. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

Being able to pillage the entire district with all buildings seems excessive.

Chinese American likes this.