Industrial Espionage

Virote_Considon... Looks like a Fun and interesting Game.
IF you need or want any of the Terrain Streets or Buildings, etc... Altered, I still have the Original Work files I did on them. I also have some other unused Buildings that you might like for this Game.

Thanks Vuldacon.

For the first release of this mod, I'm going to be using "dummy" graphics for most things, as at first I want to focus on the core gameplay of the mod. But after that, I think I'll definitely take you up on that offer! :D

OK, so I'm going to try to work really hard at getting a playable version of this out sometime this summer. Many things won't be available, such as some wonders (still to be decided), and the unit lines will be generic (which is bad news for the public and underground, who'll have to wait until later). However, I'll try to get the feeling out. Also, the pedia descriptions (that's not the effects, which I always do) will wait until a later date as well (especially for the civilizations - when other people play it, I want to notice any trends on who tends to go to war with who, and put these rivalries in the pedia)

So, here's what I've got to do to get the scenario out, and how much progress I've made:
100% - The Map - I'm pretty happy with what I've got for the map at the moment. Getting it out for testing is the only thing which can really determine if it's the right size.
100% - Resources - I'm pretty happy with the resources. This is another thing which will really just require testing.
100% - Governments - The same as above, really.
100% - Civilizations - I'm more than happy with the civilizations, really. I don't think they need changing at all!
100% - The initial "generic" units - I'm pretty satisfied with what I've done here, although there are a fair few fillers.
100% - The pre-placed wonders - And they're done!
100% - Script and Labels - I'm pretty sure they're now done too!
90% - Techs - For now, the techs themselves will suffice. What I need to do, though, is draw some arrows on the tech tree (although I won't do anything too fancy - at some point in the very distant future, I'll try to give the mod its own interface)
80% - The city improvements - I've done a few of the buildings' improvement lines, but most resources need their own lines.
0% - A reworking of the game concepts part of the pedia - I'll do this when I've finished everything else on this list, just in case I get any new ideas beforehand.

And that should be everything which I need for the first round of testing. Everything else can wait to get filled in later.

THIS SCENARIO LOOKS FREAKIN' AWSOME! But you seriously should put out a beta version.

Virote Considon... I was thinking that perhaps you might like these Lights for the Terrain Borders. I made these so the Breaks that happen in the Borders concerning "Cities" seem more ok because these Lights have spaces between them so the Border seems constant with the Breaks. The Size also is less distracting for the Border Colors but this all depends on what one prefers of course.

I made Small Flags for EFZI because Lights in the Water seemed a bit strange but the same spaces are used :)

IF you can use them, just remove the "Lights_" in the file name so it is called "Territory.pcx" and it goes in the Terrain Folder.
No problem if you can't use them or don't like them... just an idea for you :)

Attachments

• LIGHTS_Territory.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 142
Thanks, Marine 5. There's still a little way to go yet before I release something, though!

Also, thanks Vuldacon. I'll take a look at them! :)

EDIT: They look nice, but would it be possible to have a version where the lights are above some solid colour? The problem is, with so many different territories on the map, it's a little hard to see where exactly you are!

Virote Considon... Here is your Borders with the Street Lights on them and Small Sectional Screen Shot.
Naturally, the Map Background makes difference as to how much they show up.

Attachments

• 2_Territory.pcx
    7 KB · Views: 145
  • StreetLights.png
    StreetLights.png
    187.8 KB · Views: 184
Alright, I'll try to list the city improvements available in this post. Maybe others would like to suggest ideas, too :) Currently, I've got the improvement lines for the Office, Warehouse, Port, Shop and Factory locations designed, so there's many more to go. Since I have 60 pre-placed wonders, this leaves a grand total of 196 improvements available :)

The only two non-location-specific improvements are the CEO Office (Palace) and Wealth.

I'll try to put everything in IE terms, but will also put in brackets what that means in regular civ terms with the first instance of something being mentioned.

Spoiler Office :
Office improvements are balanced. They've got something of everything here; science, assets (commerce), production and even weekly sales (culture). They act as your main "hubs", if you like. Offices have a large amount of improvements available.

Stock Room
Increases expenditure on things like health insurance (i.e. luxuries) by 50%

Cantine
Doubles the rate in which employees are hired (i.e. acts as a Granary)

Sales and Marketing
Increases assets (tax) by 50%, and weekly sales by a moderate margin, too.

Library
Increases research by 50%

Human Resources
Reduces the chances of propaganda, and also reduces corruption.

Customer Support
Increases its buildings' defenses by 50%. (I may raise this, since it's expensive to maintain, to 100%, or even 150%)

Toilet Room
Allows building size 2

Accounting Office
Increases weekly sales a little, increases assets by 50%, reduces corruption.

Sourcing
Increases production by 50%. Requires a Stock Room in its building.

Staff Room
Requires a toilet room. Makes two unhappy employees in the building content.

Research Department
Increases research by 50%. Requires a library in the building. Increases weekly sales moderately.

IT System
Makes two employees in the building unhappy (they don't know how to work the damn things!). Increases production significantly.

Public Relations Office
Increases building defenses by 75%. Requires a Customer Service Desk in the building. Again, I may increase this bonus.

Recycling Center
Makes one eco-minded employee in the building content. Reduces improvement-related pollution.

Admin. Office
Requires Management. Reduces corruption and increases production.

Board of Governors
Requires an Admin. Office. Makes one employee unhappy (they dislike the governor's meddling ways). Doubles the sales gained through one-time sales (sacrifice)

Management
Increases production

Helipad
Allows the creation of Full-time (Veteran) Air units (and therefore airlifting, too), acts as a link in the trade network allowing resources to be traded.

Intelligence Department
Small Wonder. Allows Espionage. Requires a Research Department.

12-Hour Shifts
Makes 3 employees unhappy. Increases weekly sales slightly. Increases production significantly (and this may be further increased to compensate for the unhappy employees)

Regulation Committee
Great Wonder. Grants +2 Advances. Doubles the unhappiness caused by 12-hour shifts.

1-Week Training Program
Allows the training of full time ground units.

Spoiler Warehouse :

Warehouses have decent production and are very important because they can build improvements which spawn "Goods" (flag units), which must be cashed in at a shop for victory points and assets. However, they don't get many improvements.

Warehouse
Increases production.

Stock Control
Requires a pallet rack. Increases production and reduces corruption/waste.

Loading Dock
Requires a warehouse. Increases production.

Pallet Rack
Requires a warehouse. Increases weekly sales (culture) and production.

Warehouse Management System
Small Wonder. Requires Stock Control. Reduces corruption/waste across the whole business.

Just In Time System
Small Wonder. Requires a Warehouse Management System. Increases weekly sales moderately. Doubles sales gained through one-time sales (sacrifice). Increases assets (commerce) on each asset-producing tile.

Security Room
Requires a warehouse. Allows the training of full-time (veteran) ground units. Increases building defense by 80%. Produces a Security Guard every 30 turns.

Foreign Shipping Storage
Requires a warehouse. Requires access to the Port resource (although this need not be in the radius). Increases weekly sales slightly. Produces Goods every 25 turns.

Storage Facility
Same as above, but replace the Port resource with the Factory resource.

Spoiler Port :

Ports primarily gain their bonuses from water tiles. Like with warehouses, there aren't many improvements here.

Port
Increases weekly sales (culture) slightly. Increases job opportunities (food) in water tiles.

Dockyard
Requires a port. Allows the training of full-time sea units. Increases production in the water.

Harbour
Requires a port. Increases weekly sales slightly. Increases assets (commerce) in the water. Increases naval defenses by 50% (so it takes a shot at passing enemy naval units).

Marina
Requires harbour. Increases weekly sales slightly. Increases assets in the water. Increases naval defenses by 60% (so that's 10% on top of the harbour's defenses).

Port Security
Requires a port. Increases building defenses by 50%.

Quay
Requires a Wharf. Increases production in water tiles.

Wharf
Requires a port. Increases its buildings' production by 25%.

Spoiler Shop :

Shops have a lot of improvements. They specialize in sales (culture) and assets (commerce).

Shop
Increases weekly sales moderately. Increases assets (tax) by 50%.

Staff Office
Requires a shop. Two unhappy employees in the building are made content.

Rest Room
Requires a shop. One unhappy employee in the building is made content. Allows City Size 2.

Storage Room
Requires a shop. Increases weekly sales slightly. Increases the employee benefits (luxuries) by 50%.

Sale
Requires a shop. Increases weekly sales moderately. Doubles the sales gained through one-time sales (sacrifice).

Food Store
Requires a shop. Requires the "Food" resource. Increases weekly sales moderately. Increases assets by 50%.

Medical Store
Same as above, but replace "Food" with "Pills".

Militech Store
Same as above, but requiring "Militech Products".

Ammo Store
Same as above, but requiring "Ammo".

Book Store
Same as above, but requiring "Research"

Petrol Station
Same as above, but requiring "Gas". (It goes on like this for some time!)

Furniture Store
Same as above, requiring "Sofas"

Alcohol Store
Same as, but requiring "Alcohol".

Entertainment Store
Same as, requiring "Entertainment".

Fast-Food Aisle
Same as, requiring "Fast Food".

Car Showhome
Same as above, requiring a "Garage".

Boat Showhome
Same as above, requiring "Boats".

Farmer's Store
Same as above, requiring "Farmers".

Mystical Store
Same as, but requiring "Mystical Artifacts"

Pub
Same as above, requiring "Alcohol", but not requiring the "Shop" improvement.

Restaurant
Same as the Pub, requiring "Food".

Fast-Food Restaurant
Same as the Restaurant, but requiring "Fast Food".

Glad that bit's over!

Mall
Allows city size 3, requires shop, increases weekly sales.

Customer Help-Desk
Increases building defenses by 100%.

Security Department
Increases building defenses by 50%, produces a Store Security every 30 turns.

Departmental Detective
Small Wonder. Requires a Security Department. Produces a Store Detective every 18 turns.

Spoiler Factory :

Another resource with few improvements available, the factory excels in production. It can also double up as an extra warehouse in the sense that it can be used to produce the "Goods" flag unit.

Factory
Increases production significantly.

Heavy Machinery
Requires a factory and the "gas" resource. Increases production significantly.

Assembly Line
Requires Heavy Machinery. Increases production.

Security Office
Increases building defenses by 75%. Produces a Premises Security every 30 turns.

Factory Cantine
Doubles the buildings' employment rate (i.e. acts as a Granary).

Health and Safety Practices
Make 4 unhappy citizens in the building content (even though it's a hastle, they know they're safe), and increases health insurance and other benefits (luxury tax) by 50%, but is very expensive to maintain.

Health and Safety Regulation Committee
Great Wonder. Requires three Health and Safety practices. Doubles their happiness. Very expensive to maintain.

Warehouse Space
Requires the warehouse resource. Requires a factory. Increases production by 25%. Increases weekly sales slightly.

Factory Storage Facility
Requires Warehouse Space and constant access to the warehouse resource. Produces Goods every 35 turns. Increases weekly sales slightly.

Managers' Office
Requires a factory. Increases production.

Spoiler Hotel :

Hotels bring in the sales (culture) and assets (commerce), although not as much as is possible with a shop.

Reception
Increases the buildings' defenses by 100%. Increases weekly sales a little, too.

Sea View
A room with a sea view increases weekly sales by a moderate amount.

En-Suite
The en-suite allows the building to grow to size 2. It makes one employee happier (well, until they have to clean up the mess), and increases weekly sales by a tiny amount.

Honeymoon Suite
Increases sales moderately and increases assets (tax) by 50%.

Hotel Bar
Increases sales and assets. Requires alcohol.

Hotel Restaurant
Increases sales and assets. Requires food.

Indoor Swimming Pool
Increases weekly sales a little. Reduces pollution caused by improvements.

Sauna
Requires an indoor swimming pool. Increases sales slightly and makes one skiving employee happy.

Hotel Shop
Requires access to a shop resource. Increases sales and assets.

Coffee Machine
Increases production slightly. Increases 1 employee's mood. Slightly increases sales. Causes pollution.

Concierge
Doubles the amount of sales gained through a one-time sale (sacrifice). Can only be built when the hotel has en-suites (so, only for the larger hotels)

Spoiler Farm :

Farms are good for getting goods (flag units), although they don't come in as regular intervals as the more traditional methods. Most improvements increase the weekly sales (culture) of their improvement by a small amount, and there are a couple of production-giving improvements. But otherwise, farms are pretty dry, and certainly don't give as much as a shop or office.

Farm
To build anything here, first you need a plot of land to build it on! The farm increases production in its building slightly, and also weekly sales.

Orchard
Produces "Goods" (flag unit) every 100 turns. Adds a little sales. Requires food.

Vineyard
Exactly the same as the Orchard.

Stable
Gives "Goods" every 95 turns, increases production by 25%, adds a little sales.

Dairy
Gives "Goods" every 90 turns. Increases culture a little. Requires a pasture and food.

Barn
Increases production slightly.

Combine Harvester Barn
Requires a barn. Increases production, produces a Combine Harvester every 30 turns. Requires gas.

Field
Same as the Orchard.

Pasture
Same as the Orchard.

Chicken Coop
Same as the Orchard, but produces "Goods" every 95 turns.

Farmhouse
Doubles building employment rate.

Spoiler Radio/TV :

The Radio/TV stations dotted around the map are good for bringing in the sales (culture) and assets (cash), although they have a small selection of improvements and wonders available (although on the other hand, at least they do get some wonders!).

Studio
Increases weekly sales by 2 per week, production by 25% and assets by 50%.

Dressing Rooms
Requires a studio in the building. Makes two of its employees happy, as they get their own space.

Production Team
Increase production by 50%. Increase weekly sales slightly.

Writing Department
Increases weekly sales by 3 per turn and assets by 50%.

Adverts
Increase weekly sales by 4 per turn and assets by 50%.

Backstage CCTV
Increases defenses by 100%.

Viral Marketing
Small wonder. Requires a Production Team. Increases sales by 5 per week. Doubles the sales gained through one-time sales (sacrifice). Increases assets in the building by +1 asset per asset-producing tile.

Reality Gameshow
Requires a Studio. Makes one employee in the building unhappy (because the show's crap). Increases sales per week by 5 (!), allows the creation of full-time (veteran) ground units.

Commissioning Department
Makes 2 employees in the building unhappy (they turn down a lot of peoples' works), increases production by 25%, decreases corruption/waste. Increases weekly sales slightly.

International Hit
Great Wonder. Makes two unhappy employees content in the building and one in every other (hurray! The team's done it!). Increases assets in the building for each asset-producing tile by +1. Increases weekly sales by 8 per turn.

Spoiler Research :

The research improvements and wonder greatly increase the research capabilities of your business, with also some provisions for productivity, weekly sales (culture) and assets (commerce). The thing to look out for is researches' powerful (yet expensive) wonder, the Cloning Lab.

Laboratory
Increases research in its building by 50%. Increases productivity by 25%. Is required for a couple of improvements later.

Archives
Increases research in its building by 50%.

Testing Facility
Increases research in its building by 50%. Increases weekly sales by 2 per turn. Produces pollution. Is required for the Cloning Lab.

Recycling Centre
Reduces improvement/wonder pollution in its building. Makes one unhappy eco-minded employee (citizen) content.

Design Room
Increases production in its building by 25%, sales by 1 per turn and reduces corruption/waste (as they're designing things to be more efficient)

Pharmaceutical Facility
Requires a laboratory in the building and access to "pills" resource. Makes two unhappy employees content (as they realize they're doing good in the world), increases weekly sales by 3 per turn, increases science by 50% in its building.

Cloning Lab
Great wonder. Requires three Testing Labs under its control. Makes one unhappy citizen in its building content (their hard work has paid off!) Increases weekly sales in its building by 8 per turn (people will pay shed-loads for that kind of technology!), increases productivity in its building by 25% (kind of a morale boost), doubles the scientific output of its building, produces the powerful "Cloned Man" unit every 5 turns. Causes pollution.

Funding
Requires a laboratory. Makes one unhappy employee content (as they can now do the work they wanted). Slightly increases weekly sales. 25% increase in productivity. 50% increase in assets (tax) in its building. Very expensive to build (i.e. to get the funding), but once there, it's pretty cheap to maintain.

Foreign Funding
The same as funding, more-or-less.

Supercomputer
Increases productivity in its building by 100%. Makes 3 employees unhappy, as it's prone to breaking down, and there's virtually no-one who knows how to fix it.

Spoiler Garage :

Garage improvements really come in two types - those that increase production, and those that increase assets. I actually had a hard time with these ones, and don't think the list is too great. If you can suggest any alternate settings for the various improvements, it will be a great help, because otherwise, they feel a bit... same-y...

Gas Station
This one increases assets (tax) by 50% and weekly sales (culture) by 2 per turn.

Gas Station Shop
Requires a gas station and access to the shop resource. Increases assets by 50% and generates three weekly sales.

Car Dealership
Increases weekly sales by 4 per turn and assets by 50% in its building.

Garage Workshop
Increases production in its building by 50%. Is required to build the rest of the garage improvements below.

Body Shop
Requires Garage. 25% production increase, allows the training of full-time (veteran) ground units, increases weekly sales by 3 per turn.

Brake Shop
Requires garage. Increases production by 25% and increases weekly sales by 2 per turn.

Tire Shop
Requires garage. Increases production by 25% and increases weekly sales by 2 per turn.

Muffler Shop

Transmission Shop

Electrification Shop

Spoiler Carnival :

The carnival doesn't have many improvements, but since it's only one building in the game, this shouldn't matter too much. It is, however, perfect for a sales (cultural) victory, as it has three "Doubles Sacrifice" improvements.

Big Top
+50% Assets (tax). Doubles One-time Sales (sacrifice), +3 weekly sales (culture).

Man Eating Chicken
Makes two unhappy employees content, as they get a laugh out of people who believe that they're actually going to see a chicken that eats people. +3 weekly sales.

Float Bay
This is where all the carnival floats prepare for the big parade! Increases production by 25%.

Freak Show
Small wonder. Makes 1 employee unhappy (they don't like being stared at). Increases weekly sales by 4 per turn. Increases assets by 50%. Doubles the value of one-time sales. Produces a Freak every 8 turns, which can be used to enslave further freaks, which can be turned into a one-time sale.

Food Tent
Requires fast food. Increases sales by +2 per turn. Increases assets by 50%.

Lion Tamer
Increases sales by 3 per turn. Doubles the sales gained through a one-time sale.

Spoiler Zoo :

All zoo improvements do the same thing - increase assets (commerce) and weekly sales (culture). All but one also produce an animal unit. Since they all do the same thing more or less, I'll just put what animal they spawn.

Tiger Cage
Produces a tiger every 16 turns.

Lion Cage
Produces a lion every 14 turns.

Leopard Cage
Produces a leopard every 15 turns.

Bear Cage
Produces a bear every 14 turns

Moose Pen
Produces a moose every 16 turns.

Snake Tank
Produces a snake every 14 turns.

Shark Tank
Produces a shark every 18 turns. Can only be built in the Aquarium.

Merchandise Shop
Just produces sales and assets.

Spoiler Pilots :

Runway
Allows the creation of full-time (veteran) air units. Acts as a link in the trade network, allowing resources to be traded across the island. I may take this ability out if it proves to cause a tremendous lag, but since only offices and buildings with pilots have improvements which allow air trade, I think it shouldn't be too bad.

Baggage Terminal
Increases production by 50% and weekly sales (culture) by 2 per week, at the cost of making one employee unhappy for having to deal with angry travelers who've lost their luggage!

Control Tower
Reduces corruption/waste in its building

Customs
Increases assets in its building by 50% and weekly sales. Decreases corruption in its building.

Duty-Free Zone
Increases weekly sales by 5(!) per turn. Increases assets in its building.

Security Terminal
Increases its buildings' defenses by 100%.

Spoiler Bank :

Since the bank also doubles up as an office, AND has its own pre-placed wonder, the bank only has one improvement of its own - the powerful bank vault

Bank Vault
Increases its buildings' defenses by a whopping 200%!

So there you go. Feel free to add ideas, and not just for these location resources, but the others listed on page 1 too, and I'll try to fit them in!

Virote Considon... I can see you have given this a great deal of thought and it appears to be developing very well.

Question: For the Shop improvement called "Customer Help-Desk", it seems as though that improvement would generate Money rather than Defense. It could allow earning an additional 10% for example. Guess the name causes me to see it differently than what it is set to do.

Why not use the "Security Department" as what increases the Defense 100%?

Top Bottom