1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Industries and monopolies are coming

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Infixo, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Infixo

Infixo Deity

2. DogeEnricoDandolo

DogeEnricoDandolo King

Maybe this is the "Alternative Economy" game mode in January that was leaked back in July.

3. 8housesofelixir

8housesofelixir Emperor

How would this finding connect with the "Industry/Corporation Improvements" find from the September update?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  4. 8housesofelixir

8housesofelixir Emperor

These 2 entries seem to imply that, if one control at least 2 resources (of the same type?) one can establish a corresponding "industry", and if one control 75% of a given resource one can establish a corresponding "monopoly".

AsH2, Myomoto, Hawke9 and 2 others like this.
  5. cain3456

cain3456 King

Looks like we may get corporations after all. Good news.

Hawke9, Kjimmet, Banazir864 and 4 others like this.
  6. Onii-chan

Onii-chan King

Wonder if it'll be like resource monopolies in Vox Populi for Civ V, I always thought that was a neat idea

7. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

This is what I'm here for. Good stuff. :D

Hawke9 likes this.
  8. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

Well, smack me down with a wet haddock and call me intrigued.

I really didn’t want to see Corporations coming back flavoured around Monopolies. But then, every old is new again with Civ VI, and Firaxis seem to mostly get things right when they redo mechanics (speaking as a fan of the current Disasters, World Congress and Religion mechanics. Seriously, come at be bro). These two parameters, if they are linked to something like Corporations as the last game mode, then could be kinda interesting.

But, you know what is sad? If FXS really are doing corporations as the last game mode, then surely thematically they’ll do Portugal as the Civ.

And if FXS do Portugal, surely that means a proper third expansion just isn’t happening.

Sigh.

Hawke9 and 8housesofelixir like this.
  9. jasper

jasper Warlord

A new win condition would be amazeballz. I might actually buy one of these horse armors.

10. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

The alternate economy mode info came with Vietnam and Kublai Khan so it's most likely related to the January Pack, not the one in March.

I don't see them doing a separate mode with corporations and monopolies later.

11. almughavar

almughavar Political commissar

Myomoto and 8housesofelixir like this.
  12. Linklite

Linklite King

How did that work?

13. Pfeffersack

Pfeffersack Deity

If done well, this could easily become the game mode I always activate...

14. Casworon

Casworon Prince

Great they are actually doing it since its probably the most requested game mode I see on here.

Only thoughts are that ita a big buff to wide play. But I guess we should wait for some more details.

Hawke9 likes this.
  15. Onii-chan

Onii-chan King

If you controlled a certain percentage of all the copies of a specific luxury on the map it'd give you unique global bonuses. Similarly if you controlled enough of a specific strategic resource you'd get some more general combat bonuses I think (don't remember exactly what they were though)

Or at least that's how it worked about 5 years ago when I last played it, dunno about today

Linklite and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  16. Mount Suribachi

Mount Suribachi Warlord

It'd be interesting to see how that plays into the harvesting mechanic. Bonus resources like copper are pretty meh and a lot of players will harvest it for cash rather than work an average tile. If you can get bonuses from having a monopoly on copper OTOH....

17. Myomoto

Myomoto King

We've known for a long time that we were likely to get an economic/corporation focused game mode in the January pack. It's nice to see further confirmation.

Now we just need world ideologies as a mode in one of the remaining free updates ;)

18. Bibor

Bibor Doomsday Machine

As a represntetive of Morgan Industries, I approve of this change.
    Time to corner the global market.

19. Ticio

Ticio Prince

I think you are right, I had doubts before but now I think they will add Portugal (monopoly per ressources, the vamp castles and now Sinbad's ability to give gold when discovering continents/natural wonders).

I would just prefer them to do it ouside of NFP, because that would for sure end the new content for CIV VI as you say...
    I would much prefer that they add a last expansion like GS and R&F, big and with definitive changes, even tho I'm really liking NFP. Ireally like NFP, but I miss a third "changing game style" expansion like the previous ones!

Meluhhan and acluewithout like this.