Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I recall they were fun back then but would be kind of lame if implemented the same way in Civ VI. They worked too much like religions.

I think a lot of people's experience comes from Civ V mods, but I don't have experience with those.

Furthermore, Economic Victories are pretty standard in 4x, but Civ VI doesn't have one. The idea of corporations and monopolies usually come attached to it.
That's not too unrealistic. I mean, many people today basically worship money. :p

Corporations could provide gold or production for excess luxuries and resources. Different corporations would impact different luxuries and resources. Developers won't put much time or effort into any game mode so it needs to be simple. This is a simple way to do it.

Corporations could provide gold or production for excess luxuries and resources. Different corporations would impact different luxuries and resources. Developers won't put much time or effort into any game mode so it needs to be simple. This is a simple way to do it.

That's a bit like what they did in Civ IV. Depending on the resources you had in a city, you'd be able to form certain corporations. But you paid gold in maintenance in exchange for some other yield. Corporations were a way of getting rid of excess money.

I like your idea of using excess resources, but we really don't need yet more gold dumps.

A better alternative would be for corporations to convert excess resources into unique abilities.

E.g. An Armaments Industry could turn a superfluous iron or niter resource tile into a +5 Combat Strength Bonus.

Automotive Industry could turn coal or aluminium into a +1 Movement bonus.

So bonuses like that, rather than yields.

I hope it isn’t going to be another click’n’forget task to plop down a corporation. Civ6 has enough repetative tasks that get REALLY tedious late game. I wish the devs would adopt the mindset of asking themselves: “is this feature fun?” before dumping it in the game. I hope corporations will be an ever changing beast that you compete to attract to your country. I hate the build + forget = profit gameplay that is all over civ6.

Are there any hints that railroads are a factor in the new economic system?
Could the mentioned tiles improvements include them?

If not - would it be visible in the currently data-mined files at all or is there still hope (for those who would love to see railroads getting more important than in the game so far)?

Last edited:
I really really really REALLY hope that this game mode will not be completely balance breaking or pumped-on-steroids like the other game modes, so this is something one can actually play with permanently. This is probably my most wanted feature of the game as it is, so I hope it's not badly implemented.

If not - would it be visible in the currently data-mined files at all or is there still hope (for those who would love to see railroads getting more important than in the game so far)?
No, there haven't been any. But that has nothing to say, they could still be part of the Mode. But I'm hoping more for an improvement/enhancement of the Trade/Deal System.

Civ6 has enough repetative tasks that get REALLY tedious late game. I wish the devs would adopt the mindset of asking themselves: “is this feature fun?” before dumping it in the game.
That would require the devs to actually play the game, and we all know that's not gonna be happening outside of the streams.

I doubt it considering the new game mode doesn't require GS and that's when railroads were introduced.

Honestly, if this is the extent of the corporations game mode we get, I'm not sure I want it...

I doubt it considering the new game mode doesn't require GS and that's when railroads were introduced.

If it is done the other way around, that is, update railroads to make them work differently when the Mode is enabled. But I also doubt it. If they're not a relevant part of the mode then... well, they're not relevant.

Honestly, if this is the extent of the corporations game mode we get, I'm not sure I want it...

What do you mean? We haven't really been able to decipher anything from the tables. The tables referencing Heroes were much more transparent and we predicted how they worked with fair accuracy, but nobody has been able to put 1 + 1 together in this case, as far I as can tell.

With all that in Mind, most likely we're going to get a Economic Mode with a Economic Victory.

I'd love to be wrong, but I'm not expecting something that in depth, and highly, highly doubt it will come with an economic victory. A victory condition would require a significant amount of work (balance, AI, UI - think of the victory condition displays in the game, in the 'high score screen' etc) far exceeding what we've seen so far in any of the modes.

In line with Secret Societies and Heroes, I'd expect something like 'first person to get 50 coal can found the coal monopoly and build X unique infrastructure for bonuses' and similar lines.

A more enhanced economy is definitely my #1 wish list item (I love trading/economy games), but I'm definitely not getting my hopes up beyond some basic items. The changes I'd love to see are definitely more expansion/Civ 7 level.

I really really really REALLY hope that this game mode will not be completely balance breaking or pumped-on-steroids like the other game modes, so this is something one can actually play with permanently. This is probably my most wanted feature of the game as it is, so I hope it's not badly implemented.

I totally agree with you, for such a gamemode (one I was waiting for) I do not want it to be like the others ones that you can "able and disable" and that affect the game in an unrealistic way. I would like it as a core addition for the game and just make it for everyone.
If you play as UK you can have a big profit because the Civ is focused on getting to new continents, but all civs have the same opportunities.

I'd love to be wrong, but I'm not expecting something that in depth, and highly, highly doubt it will come with an economic victory. A victory condition would require a significant amount of work (balance, AI, UI - think of the victory condition displays in the game, in the 'high score screen' etc) far exceeding what we've seen so far in any of the modes.
Actually not. A victory condition doesn't have to be something complex. A domination vectory requires just conquerring Capitals. If they Implemented Industries/Corporations, it would be just a wasted opportunity to add a economic/Industrial Victory. They could perhaps make the victory condition having 3 different Monopolies at the same Time, and having at least Num of (possible) resource Relics..., or something like that.
In line with Secret Societies and Heroes, I'd expect something like 'first person to get 50 coal can found the coal monopoly and build X unique infrastructure for bonuses' and similar lines.
That would be to Low compared to the previous Modes. Especially since they said that the latest Modes will be the one they excpect players will like and play the most.

What I'm more concerned of is whether the AI will handle the mechanics well, and whether they will enhance and improve the Trade and Deal systems. Hope they will emprove more things than they add.

Actually not. A victory condition doesn't have to be something complex. A domination vectory requires just conquerring Capitals. If they Implemented Industries/Corporations, it would be just a wasted opportunity to add a economic/Industrial Victory. They could perhaps make the victory condition having 3 different Monopolies at the same Time, and having at least Num of (possible) resource Relics..., or something like that.

If the Victory Condition is boring, and is just there to fill a supposed gap, then there's no point. It's got to be something that actually adds a fun element to the game.

I don't think it's a simple job at all.

A domination vectory requires just conquerring Capitals.

That's not the case. The entire game is balanced around the existing victory conditions. Wonders, for instance. It's not just about conquering capitals.

I mean, sure, capturing capitals is the trigger, but that's kind of missing the point.

If the Victory Condition is boring, and is just there to fill a supposed gap, then there's no point. It's got to be something that actually adds a fun element to the game.
I didn't mean that they should add "any" requirement just to fill the gap. Same as you, I don't think it's a simple task, I only think it would be a wasted opportunity to not implement a economic Victory with the NFP packs, cause, most likely, they will be the last things we will receive from the Devs for Civ VI. It's been more than 4 Years since they released the Game. And I think from now on (after NFP) they will focus completely on Civ 7.

That's not the case. The entire game is balanced around the existing victory conditions. Wonders, for instance. It's not just about conquering capitals.

I mean, sure, capturing capitals is the trigger, but that's kind of missing the point.
You're right here. But this would also count for other Victory Types (maybe except DiploVictory), so why not for a economic Victory? we have trade routes, we can trade with other Leaders, we have a balanced Gold/Treasury System...etc. All this would impact the economy. And since the previous Modes were all kinda "Mini" Modes that don't affect the Game as much as, for example, RnF did with the Loyalty System. I expect the economic victory, if we get one, should have a more impact on the Game. Therefore, it has to be a little more complicated than the previous Modes.

Yep, the Alternate Economy gamemode was data mined some time ago. Not to be a wet blanket, but to go through all the tables you mentioned:

Improvements_Mode - Unused, definitely for Alternate Economy.
Greatworks_ImprovementType - Unused, probably for Alternate Economy.
Projects_MODE - Unused, probably for Alternate Economy.
Adjacent_AppealYieldChanges - Unused, maybe for Alternate Economy.

Greatworks_Mode - NOT Alternate Economy. This is used for Secret Societies to enable the Voidsinger Relics.
Improvement_YieldsOutsideTerritories - NOT Alternate Economy. This is used for the Vampire Castle in Secret Societies.
GovernorPromotionConditions - NOT Alternate Economy. This is used for the Secret Societies.
Feature_UnitMovements - NOT Alternate Ecomony. This is used for the Bermuda Triangle wonder.

There's no evidence pointing to a new Victory Condition, and I think saying Alternate Economy is definitely based on Amenities just based on someone wearing a hat in the December Update video is a bit of a stretch :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom