Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegangani

King
With the Newest NFP Updates, Firaxis implemented New Tables in the GameplayShema of the game, that aren't yet used (empty).

In the latest NFP Mode, the Heroes Mode, they implimented some Hero Mode Tables into the Base Game (without having the Babylon Pack/Exp1 or 2). But another Table was added befor that: "Improvements_Mode". It has 3 Columns: ImprovementType, Industry and Corporation. These last 2 are boolean columns, so I suppose a ImprovementType can be either an Industry or a Corporation (or perhaps both). There are also 3 other tables that I found: The 1st one is "Greatworks_Mode". It has 2 Columns: GreatWorkType and RequiredGovernor. The 2nd one is "GreatWorks_ImprovementType" and has 3 Columns: GreatWorkType, ImprovementType and ResourceType. And the 3rd one is "Improvement_YieldsOutsideTerritories", and has only 1 column for the ImprovementType, very likely for generating Yields outside of one's Territory. But that's not all; There is ANOTHER new Table: Projects_MODE. It has 2 Columns: ProjectType and PrereqImprovement.

and with the latest Update Video they made it too obvious, with the Drinks, the Hat and just chilling through the Video, that the upcoming Mode has something to do with Amenities (Resources).

With all that in Mind, most likely we're going to get a Economic Mode with a Economic Victory. I think the New Industry/Corporation Feature will Focus on Improvements only (perhaps some Buildings/Governors/Policies will add some bonuses to them), that quite likely will be new ones. So we would have the ability to constract a Company or Corporation Improvement on a Resource (Bonus or Luxury) (outside and inside of a Player'sTerritory), and the first construction on a resource will grant a Greatwork based on that resource (later Improvements on that resource won't grant a GreatWork). But the Improvement/Resource GreatWorks can also be granted by Governors (without the need of having a Industry/Corporation Improvement - Maybe we will get a New Governor?!). IZ Buildings would then maybe get Improvement/Resource GreatWorkSlots to hold them. Having constructed a specific Industry/Corporation Improvement will grant an appropriate New Project. And from here on we can only speculate what they could trigger. Perhaps spreading the Industry/Corporation to other Civs?

Someone in this Forum (I don't remember his/her Name or the Thread's Name) had the same Idea/Concept of a Economic Mode as listed above. Chapeau :king:! Seems Firaxis got inspired by it - And I like it.

I honestly don't think that we will get a Currency System implimented with this Mode (unfortunately). It would be just too much things for a Mode (refering to the previous ones that didn't add many things to the Game - or even altering it). Except, if the Things mentioned above were for a Industrial/Production Victory Mode (that would be AWESOME!). This way we would still have hope for a Currency System in the Last NFP Pack (although, I hope it's gonna be a Ideology or Pandemics/Deseases Mode :shifty:).

So what are your Thoughts? what do you think the new Improvements of the possible Economic/Industrial Mode will be?

Other Tables I found:
- "GovernorPromotionConditions", makes a Governor hidden without prereq and/or be available till a specific Era.
- "Adjacent_AppealYieldChanges", seems to change The Yields of Districts and Buildings based on Tile Appeal.
- "Feature_UnitMovements", maybe lets a Unit to pass through a specific FeatureType (or not), and fortify there (or not).

Yeah, I was a bit excited about the Barbarians Mode theory, but this seems like good evidence that Industries and Corporations Mode will be a thing.

I do hope they add more interactions with barbarians thought.

In the latest NFP Mode, the Heroes Mode, they implimented some Hero Mode Tables into the Base Game (without having the Babylon Pack/Exp1 or 2). But another Table was added befor that: "Improvements_Mode". It has 3 Columns: ImprovementType, Industry and Corporation. These last 2 are boolean columns, so I suppose a ImprovementType can be either an Industry or a Corporation (or perhaps both).

These are the tables already implemented in the September Update. Check here.

There are also 3 other tables that I found: The 1st one is "Greatworks_Mode". It has 2 Columns: GreatWorkType and RequiredGovernor. The 2nd one is "GreatWorks_ImprovementType" and has 3 Columns: GreatWorkType, ImprovementType and ResourceType. And the 3rd one is "Improvement_YieldsOutsideTerritories", and has only 1 column for the ImprovementType, very likely for generating Yields outside of one's Territory. But that's not all; There is ANOTHER new Table: Projects_MODE. It has 2 Columns: ProjectType and PrereqImprovement.

On the other hand, IIRC, these are new finds.

There is also another find in November Update related to the Alternative Economy Mode, which is in the Global Parameters.

Also, I would suggest copy and paste these tables directly onto the post instead of paraphrasing them (like in the posts I linked above) because it is hard to tell which are the new entries when they are buried in a huge wall of texts.

Yeah, I was a bit excited about the Barbarians Mode theory, but this seems like good evidence that Industries and Corporations Mode will be a thing.

I do hope they add more interactions with barbarians thought.
Especially if they would get Leaders and You can Trade with them, perhaps hire them as Mercenaries for a War.

But I hope the possible Barbarians Mode will be in a Free Update.

These are the tables already implemented in the September Update. Check here.
There is also another find in November Update related to the Alternative Economy Mode, which is in the Global Parameters.
I didn't have the Pack back then, and I also didn't came upon those Threads.
Also, I would suggest copy and paste these tables directly onto the post instead of paraphrasing them, it is hard to tell which are the new entries at a glance.
Will do!

In any case, when combining all the entries together, it seem that the Alternative Economy Mode will have these mechanisms:

1. Industry and/or Corporations as improvements, or have improvements related to them.
2. If one control at least 2 resources (of the same type?) one can establish a corresponding "Industry", and if one control 75% of a given resource one can establish a corresponding "Monopoly".
3. There will be new Governors, Great Works, and Projects related to Industry and Corporations, as the OP speculated above.

In any case, when combining all the entries together, it seem that the Alternative Economy Mode will have these mechanisms:

1. Industry and/or Corporations as improvements, or have improvements related to them.
2. If one control at least 2 resources (of the same type?) one can establish a corresponding "Industry", and if one control 75% of a given resource one can establish a corresponding "Monopoly".
3. There will be new Governors, Great Works, and Projects related to Industry and Corporations, as the OP speculated above.
New Governors will be an absolute welcome to me. Makes those excess Governor Titles I get from discovering new Secret Societies more meaningful. :)

This sounds Great! If you can establish a Monopoly, then most likely it's going to be an International one.

New Governors will be an absolute welcome to me. Makes those excess Governor Titles I get from discovering new Secret Societies more meaningful. :)

Especially if the Governors affect your hole Civilization, so you don't have to assign them, just like Secret Societies Governors.

"Greatworks_Mode"

Is there a connection anywhere between the Greatworks_Mode table and the Improvements_Mode table?

- "GovernorPromotionConditions", makes a Governor hidden without prereq and/or be available till a specific Era.
- "Adjacent_AppealYieldChanges", seems to change The Yields of Districts and Buildings based on Tile Appeal.
- "Feature_UnitMovements", maybe lets a Unit to pass through a specific FeatureType (or not), and fortify there (or not).

Are these new tables? I'm asking because:

- GovernorPromotionConditions sounds like the Era prerequisites that apply to the Secret Societies' promotions.
- Appeal Yield Changes could be related to Seaside and Ski Resorts.
- Feature_UnitMovement could this be just a table specifying movement costs for woods, etc?

I'm curious now, I'll have to check the tables tomorrow.

Especially if the Governors affect your hole Civilization, so you don't have to assign them, just like Secret Societies Governors.
Sadly, I can't seem to get my Governors to affect my HOLE Civilization or my whole Civilization, but I don't think Governors should affect all of your Cities. Instead, they should affect only a certain group of Cities, like real-life Governors, would for States, Provinces, etc. The number of Cities they could govern could increase based on Policies, Government, Civics, Techs, or even their amount of Titles.

Also, I don't think that the Industries and Corporations Mode is comming, but it might be coming ;)

Last edited:
Is there a connection anywhere between the Greatworks_Mode table and the Improvements_Mode table?
Not directly. But there is another Table: "GreatWorks_ImprovementType". I think "Greatworks_Mode" uses 'GreatWorkType' from "GreatWorks_ImprovementType", which then uses 'ImprovementType' from "Improvements_Mode".
- GovernorPromotionConditions sounds like the Era prerequisites that apply to the Secret Societies' promotions.
I think you are right here.
- Appeal Yield Changes could be related to Seaside and Ski Resorts.
Was there anything in the previous NFP packs that affected those? If Not, then it's perhaps for the ecomomic Mode that may add Buildings who affect the Appeal of a Tile (or maybe getting used for IZ Buildings). But it's Nice.
Feature_UnitMovement could this be just a table specifying movement costs for woods, etc?
Forests, Rainforest, NaturalWonders... Could be anything that's implemented as a Feature. It's a New Table, it wasnt there befor the NFP releases.

Sadly, I can't seem to get my Governors to affect my HOLE Civilization or my whole Civilization, but I don't think Governors should affect all of your Cities. Instead, they should affect only a certain group of Cities, like real-life Governors, would for States, Provinces, etc. The number of Cities they could govern could increase based on Policies, Government, Civics, Techs, or even their amount of Titles.

Also, I don't think that the Industries and Corporations Mode is coming, but it might be coming ;)
Sounds reasonable. It would be nice if they would implement Ministers for a Civilization wide effect.

Last edited:
I hope it’s less gimmicky than many of the other game modes. I like the tech shuffle and dramatic ages, but the rest is useless fluff.

I'm a little unfamiliar with corporations in the context of Civilization, VI being my first and only game. Can someone explain the concept and why it is so requested among players?

Barbarian mode has always seemed like a likely game mode. Barbarians have this very weird place in the game where they are an incredibly undeveloped mechanics (like, seriously, they have one unique unit and that’s it) and yet, despite not really having much going on, are a hugely fun part of the game.

There’s a tonne of stuff FXS could do with Barbs, it’s exactly the sort of thing that should be optional given that some people really don’t like them, and it’s likely to get a pretty good reaction from fans just given how endlessly meme something like barbs can be.

I don’t know what we’ll get from the Industrial mode, but again a corporations game mode seems like low hanging fruit. Corps are inevitably going to be a pretty modular mechanic anyway so good for a game mode, people have been after corporations for a while so it’s crowd pleasing, and it would potentially add a little more to the end game where things are still a bit thin.

I don’t think we’ll get anything with Governors though. Then last two DLC aren’t “requires RnF or GS”, which means no post vanilla game mechanics.

On the topic of “obvious things to do as a game mode”, I’m still really amazed FXS haven’t thrown together a Zombie game mode. They have the art assets already and rough mechanics from Red Dead. And Zombies are kinda meme, although not as much as they were a few years ago when it was all 28 Days After World War Walking Dead Zombieland v Pride and Prejudice. But seriously. Comets, Cthulhu Cults, and Vampires, but no Zombies? Shame.

On the topic of “obvious things to do as a game mode”, I’m still really amazed FXS haven’t thrown together a Zombie game mode. They have the art assets already and rough mechanics from Red Dead. And Zombies are kinda meme, although not as much as they were a few years ago when it was all 28 Days After World War Walking Dead Zombieland v Pride and Prejudice. But seriously. Comets, Cthulhu Cults, and Vampires, but no Zombies? Shame.
To be fair to the Comets, they do happen and exist.

I'm a little unfamiliar with corporations in the context of Civilization, VI being my first and only game. Can someone explain the concept and why it is so requested among players?
Idk why other people want it, but I would just like something that adds a tad bit more depth to the economy.

I never played CiV on PC (Only played a Phone Version of it - Which got me to Civ VI), so don't know exactly why People like it so much. But from what I read about it, it just sounds like a must have.

... There’s a tonne of stuff FXS could do with Barbs, it’s exactly the sort of thing that should be optional given that some people really don’t like them, and it’s likely to get a pretty good reaction from fans just given how endlessly meme something like barbs can be.

Exactly! That's why I always desable them from my Games. Barbs Could have been one of the most Parts of the Game that add more challenge and make the late Game more enjoyable. They Could start as Barbs and with each Era they would evolve till the later Eras where we could see them as Terrorists/Gangsters, maybe Revolutionaries (spawned in a City who's Citizens are Starving and start to revolt) who decrease Loyalty in Cities...etc. There are some Mods from Deliverator, one makes the Barbs as Dinasaurs spawning only in the ancient Era, another one that Spawns Animals as the "Barbs", in his latest one adds ZOMBIES, spawning in the late game, but I think it's not stable. So it would be nice if Firaxis make at least the Zombies for the Late Game, and/or Dinasaurs who get spawned by a destroyrd Dino-Park (Future era District).

I don’t know what we’ll get from the Industrial mode, but again a corporations game mode seems like low hanging fruit. Corps are inevitably going to be a pretty modular mechanic anyway so good for a game mode, people have been after corporations for a while so it’s crowd pleasing, and it would potentially add a little more to the end game where things are still a bit thin.

I don’t think we’ll get anything with Governors though. Then last two DLC aren’t “requires RnF or GS”, which means no post vanilla game mechanics.
That's why I'm more excited about this Mode than about any other one. The Late Game is so Frustrating and boring, that this possible Mod would be the lifeline from this Turtur.

Although the Mode doesn't require RnF or GS, they could add New Governors for RnF and GS only. Other Modes have also some effects that apply only on RnF and/or GS, but still can be played with the Vanilla Game.

Last edited:

From what I recall they were fun back then but would be kind of lame if implemented the same way in Civ VI. They worked too much like religions.

I think a lot of people's experience comes from Civ V mods, but I don't have experience with those.

Furthermore, Economic Victories are pretty standard in 4x, but Civ VI doesn't have one. The idea of corporations and monopolies usually come attached to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom