Indutrialization in 2100

THe "investment" and "stability" are hige factors and will ultimately decide whether or not a country can reach that level...

...ignoring thoroughly random events such as tsunamis/earthquakes/meteor strike...

I don't see stability comming anytime soon.

Most countries in Europe, Russia, China and India, A few in south america and a few in Africa IMO.

I don't see why greenland is in the red. In 2100, im sure new technology will mean a new level of Industrialization than the present. Once you are in the lag, it can be very hard to catch up, India, China and a few others propably, but i think in 100yrs some countries might fall to the wayside as well.

Shaihulud said:
I don't see why greenland is in the red.
even thou it is a dependency (I think I don't recall it's exact standing) it is part of denmark.

The countrys listed were not technically the only industrialised countrys, they are all OECD countrys http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OECD they are all supposed to
be industrialised, mexico applyed to be a member over 30 years ago but decided not to let them in till they reached what OECD considers industrialised (which was 1994)
There are probably a few countrys that are industrialised but not members ...argentina,estonia,chile maybe brazil? other than that I can't think of any so that's why I picked the OECS map.

My thought is that even if there is not stability because of the low wages in africa and the industrialization of latin america,china,and india will lead to a mad dash by said countrys and rich countrys for investment in africa. Resources and cheap labor will be the main reason for this. That said any little war could promp the Security Council of the U.N. to try and put an end to civil wars in africa.

....I sense a book coming one :king: :lol:

Some will, som won't.
Some white countries already are more industrialised than Mexico or Turkey, which are red in the map.

luiz said:
Some will, som won't.
Some white countries already are more industrialised than Mexico or Turkey, which are red in the map.
Yes of course those are considered "minimal" industrialisation but the level of education and job training in general allow educated people to be able to compete anywhere in the world. (in that context Brazil is there too ... brazil is probably more industrialised than mexico ofr turkey they just haven't applyed to the OECD yet I belive)

No, they'll be mostly under water.

Molecular nanotechnology will render the need for heavy industrialization unecessary, and it will come way before 2100.

Most? Probably not. Many? Probably yes:

S. America
Chile
Argentina
Uruguay
Brazil

Central America
Costa Rica

Europe
Everywhere

Middle East
Tunisia
Egypt
Israel
Armenia
Georgia

Africa
South Africa
Kenya

Asia
India
Thailand
Malaysia
Singapore
The Philippines
China
Taiwan
North Korea (the dictatorship will fall apart some time within the next 50 years and it will rejoin South Korea)

I don't think this map is purely of Industrialization, maybe standard of living or something because I find it hard to believe that Mexico is more Industrialized than China or Russia.

Argentina and Chile less industrialized than Mexico????

I have to check that out.

I see Argentina and Chile more 'modernized' than Mexico. Heck, Argentina even have some pretty good scientists, (working overseas though) and some nobel laureates

Urederra said:
Argentina and Chile less industrialized than Mexico????

I have to check that out.

I see Argentina and Chile more 'modernized' than Mexico. Heck, Argentina even have some pretty good scientists, (working overseas though) and some nobel laureates
They both are more industrialised than Mexico, and so is Uruguay. That map is of OECD member states, what doesn't necessarily reflect with precision the level of industrialisation.

Cuivienen said:
Middle East
Georgia

Bright day
I think Georgians would get offended byt this;).

And especially Africa is questinable, there are arguments that the current status is of use to First World. Also in the last 50 years most of Sub-saharan Africa got poorer...

Really, one is more than capable to exptrapolate. Let us gamble on the developments, and our descendants can sue each other over the outcome, on who got the closest estimate.

Top Bottom