Infantry vs. AT Crew

Hawaiian

Sage
Someone mentioned here that it's weird to see bazooka guys all over the map right after the industrial era and I have to agree. Why get infantry when you can just get AT Crews who are cheaper, don't require oil, have equal combat to strength to infantry, and also have bonuses against the cavalry class?

I think the AT Crews should be nerfed in overall strength so that infantry overpower them. Perhaps the AT Crew bonus against cavalry could be increased to compensate for the nerf. But as it is, it is very strange to see all modern era warfare just be bazooka men all over the place.

Yea but it comes from spears which has traditionally been bad and if you don't have oil, you tend to be in a bad spot.

I am not really a fan of the new oil requirements to say the least.

I think the AT Crews should be nerfed in overall strength so that infantry overpower them.
Whoa there bessie.
AT crews, and anti cavalry units in general, are considered to be the weakest class of units by far. You may not know this, but melee line units like warriors and infantry get an inherent +10 against anticav units like spearmen and AT crews.
So infantry hit them for +10, or +50%. The reason AT crews specifically suck is because even though they hit tanks for 80 strength, tanks themselves have 80 strength, so you aren't really coming out ahead there.
Modern AT has the exact same issue, except Mech. Infantry has 85 strength so they hit modern AT for +15 and are also faster.

Anticav, if anything, needs a serious buff or redesign to make it not garbage.

Hmm I see. I didn't know that infantry get a bonus vs. anticav. The civopaedia really needs to be updated. It doesn't even say anything about anti-cavalry getting a bonus against cavalry. lol

Hmm I see. I didn't know that infantry get a bonus vs. anticav. The civopaedia really needs to be updated. It doesn't even say anything about anti-cavalry getting a bonus against cavalry. lol

You can see the special bonus when you target an anti-cav with a melee united.

Top Bottom