Infinite City Sprawl 04 - The comeback of the deities

ALong those lines, if you got a catapult with combat 1, then patched, would further combat line be available?

:thumbsup: It would be veeery Firaxy only to block Combat 1.

By the way, are there any events granting Combat to siege weapons? And are Combat blocked for Machineguns as well?

There was an event that gave Combat I to all cannons..

I remember an Accuracy event for cannons, are you sure that you are not confusing it with it? And if you are (sure), does anyone know if the event has been deleted with the patch? If neither the event nor the Combat 2+ are deleted, someone might have a neat game with cannons :lol:

Quick WB test: Combat line is blocked. No promotion to Combat II if I, III if II, .....

No problem with previous promos...

Combat I cannon event is still up though ;)

Ok Got it, as I am now back in the loop will have a report up tommorow night (unpatched)

Ralph

Agree that a Granary makes more sense in Edirne so decide to make a switch. A lighthouse will be needed at some point but not urgently!

Turn 2 Alphabet has spread amongst the AI so we can see our Tech Position with Aesthetics we can close most of the gap.

Turn 4 Having moved our warrior spot on an on grid blocking city too good to miss which with trade routes wont hurt our economy so decide to leapfrog to here with the next settler

Turn 5 Edirne whips in a Granary and starts an Archer as it will be needed

Turn 6 Trade routes up . Love the Great Lighthouse

Turn 7 Aesthetics in, do 1 <100% turn of self research of Alphabet to get it into trade value range then complete these

Turn 8 Missed out Pacal as he was top of the tech tree and I was hoping to get Maths from him (think he is going for Hanging Gardens?). Iron in our capital, nice!!

Turn 10 Hinduims spreads. Although it is the dominant bloc decide to await team discussion before converting.

Turn 11 Confucianism FIADL.

Turn 12 Blocker up and we are being missionary spammed. We get Judaism as well and decide to hold fire in case Pacal breaks the Hindu bloc (his missionary!).

Turn 15. Settler in 4 (archer on its way) + Currecny in 7 . we have 2 workers but could do with another.

End Tech position, pretty good for deity

We can still pick up Poly + Medit or something with AH from Pacal for Aesthetics
The known world, we have just met Gandhi who is not advanced

Attachments

• ICS-04 BC-0625.CivBeyondSwordSave
    148.5 KB · Views: 115
Are you playing patched or not? Is anyone using BUG? Is anyone not using BUG? Still trying to hunt down that CTD error.

we are still playing 3.13, but we'll swich to 3.17.
Several players are using the BUG, but not all.

Our situation looks really good for a deity game, I'll have a look at the save and post some more coments later.

Looks good guys, Mystyfly is UP, I am ON DECK.

I am playing 3.17 with BUG btw.

Okay, religion discussion;
Which AIs are what religion? I guess Pacal founded Judaism, right? Did Gandhi found Hindu? What religion is Mao?
Louis is Hindu afaik?

What religion should we adopt? Should we adopt any, at all? What if we're threatened to do so?
-By Pacal?
-By the Hinduists?

Trading with Pacal: Imho, Pacal is a wondermonger, and he luuuves GLib.
However, it looks as if he has MC on the other AIs on Maths on most of them. So the question is; will he be able to buy Aesth off another AI?
Consider:
-whether he is building a wonder from the techs (HG or Colossus), which is the case if the reason he does not wish to trade is "We Have Our Reasons" (or WHOR)?
-whether he has (believes he has) monopoly on Metal Casting - in that case, he will keep it tight.

If one or more of these reasons block his trading possibilities, we should not trade Aesthetics to him until:
One of the wonders mentioned are built,
or he looses monopoly on MC,
or he gets another tech and is willing to trade it away.

If one of these things happen or both of his techs are not blocked, we should trade Aesthetics to him before an AI does.

EDIT: Worth considering whether he has a tecch with Math-prereq that the other AI (gandhi?) with Maths hasn't, and he is willing to trade it. I suspect he might beeline Construction for BallCourts. Mysty, have eyes open for Mayan catapults or BallCourts in his cities.

Okay, religion discussion;
Which AIs are what religion? I guess Pacal founded Judaism, right? Did Gandhi found Hindu? What religion is Mao?
Louis is Hindu afaik?

What religion should we adopt? Should we adopt any, at all? What if we're threatened to do so?
-By Pacal?
-By the Hinduists?

OK religion (from memory)

Gandhi founded Buddhism and is sole adherent
We dont know who founded Judaism but we got missionaried by Pacal so I am guessing him.
Pacal, Louis and Mao are all Hindu at the moment but the Jewish founder may well switch.

I would go with the Hindu bloc but be prepared to switch if Pacal does as he is our next door neighbour adn I remember what he did last time.

Pacal was in "we dont want to trade this tech away yet" mode for maths which is why I think he going for Hanging Gardens.

With Metal casting it could be for the colossus (umm Tasty!) or could be just because its a monopoly tech still.

Ralph

Nice turns Ralph :goodjob:, nice trading.

Are we going for sheep/copper site 3S of Ankara? I say yes, as there are no other good blocking sites nearer our cap and pacal will fill every spot possible with cities I guess. Also it'll help Ankara holding on to some tiles.

RE Techtrades: I don't think we should trade for medi. Mysticism already was a cheap tech that increases WFYABTA pointlessly. Try to get math (+ poly probabely) from pacal for aest, in case he doesn't trade for it.

RE religion I say stay in NSR. This way, both judaism and hinduism create culture and we don't stir up trouble. I'm pretty sure Pacal will convert to judaism so we should try to involve him in some religious wars if possible.

RE teching I'm for currency or CoL, currency if we manage to get maths soon (it becomes cheaper when we know the prereqs). We can backfill AH, medi and poly eventually and amass some cash for deficit research.

Roster
qwertz
ZPVCSPLFUIFDPEF
Ralph_Jackson - just played
mystyfly - UP NOW and got it for WED/FRI
Diamondeye - on deck
r_rolo1
ssmage

RE teching I'm for currency or CoL, currency if we manage to get maths soon .

Well you'll be glad to hear I agreed on Currency and it will be in in 7 turns. No math trade available unfortunately.

x-post with diamondeye and ralph:

Ralph_Jackson said:
Pacal was in "we dont want to trade this tech away yet" mode for maths which is why I think he going for Hanging Gardens.
It means not enought AIs know the tech for trading it away (monopoly thingie).

With Metal casting it could be for the colossus (umm Tasty!) or could be just because its a monopoly tech still.
Colossus is indeed better for us and I guess he could be building both. We don't need MC in the near future anyway so no big deal. Let's keep our fingers crossed that he spends his hammers on wonders, missionaries and buildings instead of units and settlers...

OK religion (from memory)

Gandhi founded Buddhism and is sole adherent
We dont know who founded Judaism but we got missionaried by Pacal so I am guessing him.
Pacal, Louis and Mao are all Hindu at the moment but the Jewish founder may well switch.

I would go with the Hindu bloc but be prepared to switch if Pacal does as he is our next door neighbour adn I remember what he did last time.

:agree: so far.

That means that too few people he knows has the tech. I am unaware whether this can be combatted by being pleased/friendly, in which case we have to check his relations with the others (not just hindus; he might be pleased with others due to peaceweight).

If it says "We dont want to trade away this technology away just yet"; Monopoly. If wonder; "We have our reasons".

Nice turns Ralph :goodjob:, nice trading.

Are we going for sheep/copper site 3S of Ankara? I say yes, as there are no other good blocking sites nearer our cap and pacal will fill every spot possible with cities I guess. Also it'll help Ankara holding on to some tiles.

Good thinking. I agree with the city placement.

RE Techtrades: I don't think we should trade for medi. Mysticism already was a cheap tech that increases WFYABTA pointlessly. Try to get math (+ poly probabely) from pacal for aest, in case he doesn't trade for it.

agree with Myst trade. We will eventually need Myst/medi for Philo and Poly for Lit (or Music or one of those, anyway). I have a nuts idea, which is that we give cake to the WFYABTA for Pacal, adobt Hindu and wait for him to switch to Judaism before DoWing him. I know this is Deity, but in a normal game I'd play the dogpile trick on him as soon as the others are not pleased with him. That way, we get revenge and his WFYABTA doesnt matter. This will need to be discussed through, though. And we shouldnt trade Aesth away cheap because of this, because we have no guarantees that we will be able to take him out.

RE religion I say stay in NSR. This way, both judaism and hinduism create culture and we don't stir up trouble. I'm pretty sure Pacal will convert to judaism so we should try to involve him in some religious wars if possible.

Agree on issue with Pacal. I believe Hindu is a good move, instead of NSR. Perhaps wait until we are threatened.

RE teching I'm for currency or CoL, currency if we manage to get maths soon (it becomes cheaper when we know the prereqs). We can backfill AH, medi and poly eventually and amass some cash for deficit research.

Since we do not have AH, we do not know who has Horses, and whether anyone has HBR. If Pacal has both he may have HAs (as well as perhaps ellies), and in that case he is impossible to kill off. We need to know this, so we need to get AH asap. I believe we should tech Currency, not CoL.

We might infact win CoL race or Currency race by trading Aesth to Pacal since he tends to head for Lit. It'd be a high price to pay though.

Looking good! Nice play Ralph! Good call on founding the blocker city.

I fear we will have to choose between Louis XVI and Pacal II, if/when Pacal switches to Judaism, but stay NSR for now, I think.

I also prefer Currency over CoL right now, as it gives immediate benefit and our maintenance costs should not be too big right now.

We will never be able to trade Aesthetics for Metal Casting, as MC is just too expensive. I agree with trading for Maths if it should open up, just not enough people have it.

edit crosspost with Diamondeye, am reading his post now.

Edit2: @ruff_hi I am playing without BUG and have not been checking the log.

@Diamondeye
We don't want to start trading this away can be combatted by being Friendly.
We have our reasons cannot.
If both of these are satisfied (i.e. It's a monopoly and they are building the wonder), then it will display We don't want to start trading this away so we don't now whether he is building the wonder or not.

Edit3: Confucianism has already been founded, so there is no CoL race.

Edit4: Both Pacal and Louis like Hered Rule, so we might all be friends if we can get Monarchy.
However, I want to minimise our religious and civic shenanigans because we are not Spiritual in this game.

-I don't really like the cooper/sheep city (quite food poor), but I guess it's necessary to block off Pascal. After that I'd turn northwards and get a city or two to block off Louis.

-I would stay in NSR for now, at least until we meet the other AI's and really see what the religious situation is. Having a "wrong" state religion can be much worse than having none.

-There are still 2 AI's we have not met yet so we can't really say what the tech situation looks like. Therefore delaying the aesthetics trade with Pascal could be quite risky. Also I think not having techs to trade for will be a bigger problem on deity than the WFYABTA. ->IMO we should get what we can for aesthetics now; we can still pick maths later.

-We have deals with both Louis and Pascal, giving them clams for nothing. I don't really see a point there :confused:

-We have deals with both Louis and Pascal, giving them clams for nothing. I don't really see a point there :confused:

Afraid that was me forgetting to cancel them!! :lol::lol:

They were in play at the start of my set and within the 10 turn no-cancel period. Having taken a mental note to cancel Pacal's and renegotiate Louis' as a swap for cows I then promptly forgot.

Next player can deal !!!

Top Bottom