Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DukeCivStarcon

Chieftain
Hi

feelingfanaticciv5.jpg

Some people MYSELF FIRST AND FOREMOST, although NOT THE ONLY ONE, feel that CIV is the greatest game ever. Probably feel pretty strongly about that.

On that introduction, let me get to the topic: Forks. Yes, forks. Not for eating exactly, but also for eating. More like tuning forks. Or rakes. Because they serve focusing and at the same time sorting functions with the same general principle applied. There again, fingers. Five fingers. Civ 5. You follow? It's a principle perspective point.

The Internet, we old people who know of it when it was, and was before that even, will say "This Internet; it is forked!" Well not everyone says that but those who know do. And forked it is. Indeed, it is forked. It has been for some time, subtly. It has been forked up some might say, but no. That's not the extent of it. It is literally forked now in more ways than one. No tank rush can unify it! No empire hold it together! No ideology or religion cause it to reintegrate. No, friends, this Internet thing, or former Internet thing I must say, is forked. Stick a fork in it. Cuz it's forked. For good, although not altogether necessarily FOR THE BETTER

So on that note, similar trends have happened in various game communities because among other things, restrictive use of DRM or "Right to Modify/Repair" has broached differences in creative views between originators and users of software. In programming, forks are far and away preferred over chopsticks. I say this knowing only a little HTML (remember when?!) However like, for everyday users, does anyone really give beeg forks over which subbranch of Linux you use? At least among neckbeards there is some consensus as to the RELEASE variant ["distro"] they subscribe to.

So yea, basically I'm like "stop with all the forks all the time."We literally cannot offer constructive consensus feedback to one and other without an experience reasonably in common to begin with." Although at the same time, I'm like stick a fork in it

Know what I mean? What do you think of forks? To fork or not to fork, that is the question...

Also:
Bonus Gallery photos for those who are totally not fanatics but like pictures (or maybe both?!)
benice-equations-mandlebrot.jpg
plasmodial slime mold (Physarum polycephalum).jpg

Last edited:
I'm confused. What exactly are we voting on?

I'm confused. What exactly are we voting on?

I choose to interpret that as a philosophical question, alongside the underlying intent of the poll itself. It is to provoke thought. Does voting matter? What does it signify even then, really? In any case, it symbolically and actually offers the opportunity to self-select, sort, and, well, demonstrate principle of forking (or abort this in the affirmative if choosing all options, since that is a choice too. As is abstaining!)

rafifork.jpg

To simplify matters a bit you may choose to reduce it to:

"Do you like forks or not?"

Or "Do you support forks Yes or No"

Because binary choices are pretty fundamental and easier to approach much of the tine. (ooohh yes I did) .. which choice you pick though ultimately is up to you

Your poll is missing a Banana/Radioactive Monkey option

No "Change is inevitable" option, so I choose the Horror movie option. Sometimes our role is be the entertainment others enjoy.

Sometimes you gotta fork. Version control, or to keep a good thing while an authority on the main repo is going a bad way.

I see...

Spoiler :

I'm just going to leave now. Almost made it 20 years registered here.
Lurker for most of that time, evidently... this seems an odd thing to get worked up about to the point of making a thread.

I actually can't tell if there's a point to this (no pun intended).

I'm just going to leave now. Almost made it 20 years registered here.
But you only have 12 posts and 3 of them are in this thread. Stick around in OT; it is an interesting place. Rabid dogs are welcome; just play nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom