Influence reward from building a landmark in a CS

CppMaster

Deity
The title reward is too low to consider it as an option. It gives only 50 influence, so it's about the same as just using a diplomat and it prevents from getting an artifact.
I think it should be about 200 influence, or scale with era.

But if you have no room for more artifacts, you are preventing that other civs claim the artifact, so everything is fine.
I have just finished a tall tradition game with just 4 cities and I have dud up all artifacts from my territory and most artifacts from neutral and CS territory, because I was the first one to reach Archeology and I still had room for like 6 more.
How often you don't really have room for artifacts? Isn't that influence value just a leftover from Vanilla Civ which hadn't been balanced for Vox Populi?

I have just finished a tall tradition game with just 4 cities and I have dud up all artifacts from my territory and most artifacts from neutral and CS territory, because I was the first one to reach Archeology and I still had room for like 6 more.
How often you don't really have room for artifacts? Isn't that influence value just a leftover from Vanilla Civ which hadn't been balanced for Vox Populi?
Very often. I take first sites in no mans land, then city states, then I try to rob one from every major civ and finally I take mines. When I'm taking from majors, I'm usually out of slots.

Though I agree that the influence value is too low, here is a common situation where I don't have room for artifacts: I didn't build any museum, because I had better things to do with my production.

My experience as well. I really can’t remember running out of slots in a competitive game

How can you dig artifact in another civs territory? I can't do that even in my vassals land. Or do you mean stealing with a spy?

Mutual Open Borders.

My experience as well. I really can’t remember running out of slots in a competitive game

It happens to me half the time. I beeline Archaeology, but like Moi Magnus said, have better things to do at the time than build museums.

Though I agree that the influence value is too low, here is a common situation where I don't have room for artifacts: I didn't build any museum, because I had better things to do with my production.
It happens to me half the time. I beeline Archaeology, but like Moi Magnus said, have better things to do at the time than build museums.
Isn't it mistake to train archeologists, but not build museums? Or it's just for preventing others from digging it?

I can't say for sure how many slots for artifacts I really have. Tooltip says I have plenty and then I haven't.

Don't you look at the slots in the culture swap screen? That gives you a precise number. You just have to add them up yourself.

Don't you look at the slots in the culture swap screen? That gives you a precise number. You just have to add them up yourself.
It would be great if in this screen number of free slots of each type would be shown. @Gazebo what do you think?

Yeah, I meant training archeologists without empty slots.
There is always a reasonable change of having a great work of art. But yeah, except mistake (miscount, forgot a great artist, forgot taht I was about to steal a great work with a spy...), I don't train archeologist if I don't have any slot. However, faith-buying them can be worth it.

I've never had problems housing all artifacts. Hermitage, Museums, a fair number of National Wonders, buildings like Cathedrals, the Palace, Castles, all have slots. That isn't even counting World Wonders like Louvre/Uffizi/Sistine Chapel.

So I always dig up the artifact.

Because faith cost goes up with era, right? BTW why is that? Shouldn't it be the same if production does not goes up (it does not, right?)?
The value a "1 faith" decrease with era. One of the reasons is that faith generation tend increase quite significantly during the mid game, so cost follows.
(contrary to units and buildings, you don't unlock new kind of missionaries, so if you don't want to have a degenerate number of missionaries in end game, you need them to be more expensive in end game)

Maybe there was the idea in initial Firaxis' design that "faith is less efficient in modern era than in medieval era". But the reason it is still in VP is that it is more convinient to balance faith production in later eras.

Top Bottom