1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Info Addict

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Mod Components' started by robk, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Simone1974

Simone1974 gattaro

New version of italian localization (translated new strings for BNW).

Attached Files:

2. PR0927

PR0927 Chieftain

Any chance that this mod could work with 43 civilizations (Gedemon's YnAEMP map with complementary mods)?

3. householder

householder Lord of the Fleas

Yes, I have been using Gedemon's map and mods, playing 43 civs. InfoAddict has never given me any conflicts.

4. Inawordyes

Inawordyes In a word: Illyria

I believe PR0927 is referring to the fact that if you have more than 22 civs, the Info Addict relationships screen is not equipped to compensate for a higher-than-basegame number, and so civ icons overlap on the 22 siv slots, which causes problems and makes it hard to use that part of the mod once you meet a/the 23rd+ civ.

Or perhaps he's referring to something entirely different, but that's my own experience with Gedemon's 28/34/43 DLL if so.

5. PR0927

PR0927 Chieftain

You got it. I was using it but boy does it glitch out and fail to show proper info when more than 22 civilizations are present.

6. qqu

qqu Chieftain

I've recently bought Civ V (vanilla) on steam and tried your Info Addict Vanilla, but Info Addict panel is not present. The same situation is for Info Addict (non-vanilla, latest version). Its propably because vanilla version is not updated for the newest patch, so im asking: is there any chance it will be updated?

7. StZiza

StZiza Chieftain

I've installed the v22 on BNW. After installing I started a new game but IA menu is not there.

I have enabled the mod.

8. DefiledNH

DefiledNH Chieftain

Uhhh this doesn't seem to be compatible with the fall patch...

Update please? :D

9. Jaybe

Jaybe civus fanaticus Supporter

InfoAddict (v22) works fine with the Fall Patch in my personal experience.

10. DefiledNH

DefiledNH Chieftain

Never mind, it does work with the Fall Patch. Please excuse my ignorance and late reply.

11. ExpiredReign

ExpiredReign Chieftain

I've been using this to check on yields with certain mods (Communitas Expansion Project).

It appears to function properly but there is this persistent runtime error in my logs:
    Something to do with your GetCivRank function.

12. vusalgustav

vusalgustav Chieftain

Amazing mod!!! Well done. Just fonts are too small which makes it harder to read.

13. vaesir

vaesir Chieftain

I've installed the v22 on BNW. After installing I started a new game but IA menu is not there.

I have enabled the mod.

Can someone please post a screen where this button should be?
    Any help? Thanks

14. ExpiredReign

ExpiredReign Chieftain

@vaesir

No button.
    Just an option amongst the other 'Overview' menus from the little 'scroll' icon.

15. fadeh

fadeh Chieftain

Awesome, I'm gonna try this tonight.

It would be even more cool if this could be integrated with a game mechanics so that you get all those new information if you research a technology or have a spy (or embassy, idk) in another city.

Just my 2c!

16. fadeh

fadeh Chieftain

17. vaesir

vaesir Chieftain

Thanks but I don't have anything...:(

18. dzuari

dzuari Chieftain

I have the same problem as vaesir, just downloaded it and nothing is under my scroll menu to use this mod?

19. Inawordyes

Inawordyes In a word: Illyria

My apologies for bumping this thread, but I was curious about doing some slight modding-slash-fixing on Info Addict (or Global Relations, either/or; just figured it was better for this thread). It's been mentioned before as a problem, that when you use a modified DLL to change the number of civs in a game to a number beyond 22 (such as Whoward's DLL mod sub-version or Gedemon's YnAEMP-specific version), Info Addict kind of screws up royally because it wasn't coded and designed to be able to handle more than 22 civs in a game, and the icons overlap each other and it just isn't pretty, haha, and it makes the most interesting and useful part of both Info Addict and the stripped-down Global Relations basically useless.

My question is, since I'm not exactly proficient in LUA or XML, does anybody know what would have to be added and changed and modified and edited and messed around with in order to make Info Addict play nice with more than 22 civs?

20. Siddham

Siddham Chieftain

I have installed the mod and it is enabled on mod interface....
    But there is no 'infoaddicts' option on the scroll menu in-game.
    I have BNW.

Any help please?

This mod is not updated for the current version of Civ5 BNW
    Looks to be abandoned by author.
    Shame :(