Info on next patch coming next week

kryat

King
upload_2021-2-12_12-38-30.jpeg

That face Ba Trieu is making sums up my feeling about this.

I'm legit crossing my fingers we'll see either a free game mode or a free civ in the final free update in April.
I'd put my hopes on the former, Myomoto.

I just want this game to be less buggy...pretty, please.

The only way for that to happen was to have delayed or spaced out the releases like four to sixth months ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: PiR
I'm legit crossing my fingers we'll see either a free game mode or a free civ in the final free update in April.

Possible, but if at all, I would lean towards the latter. Reason: My theory is that well will end with 8 game modes (6 from the DLCs and 2 free) and the 2nd free (centered around barbs) will hit in less than two weeks :mischief:

i am hoping that if this is the last expansion or content that firaxis will make for civ6 that they will announce the release of the DLL or if not that they will at least start the support for larger maps ( like the ones in ynamp ). i also keep dreaming about new map scripts or pre made maps for the other continents and different sizes. i believe i have too much time dreaming/hoping .

It's apparently common on high level difficulties. AI has a massive army, invades nearby city state, but lacks the loyalty OR amenities to properly keep it, so they raze it... although it's a perfectly good city.

I've seen it a few times on the more moderate difficulties i play at, but when it happens it's highly annoying.

While you're at it, PREVENT THE AI FROM DECLARING WAR ON YOUR CITY STATES IF YOU HAVE AN ALLIANCE WITH THAT AI. Christalmighty just STOP.

It's apparently common on high level difficulties. AI has a massive army, invades nearby city state, but lacks the loyalty OR amenities to properly keep it, so they raze it... although it's a perfectly good city.

I've seen it a few times on the more moderate difficulties i play at, but when it happens it's highly annoying.

While you're at it, PREVENT THE AI FROM DECLARING WAR ON YOUR CITY STATES IF YOU HAVE AN ALLIANCE WITH THAT AI. Christalmighty just STOP.
Yeah, I mean, I'm saying it makes sense but I don't understand is why it annoys people so much.

Yeah, I mean, I'm saying it makes sense but I don't understand is why it annoys people so much.

Probably because you can't get a city state back once it's raised. And, even if you're the suzerain of a city state, you basically can't defend it in any practical way if your ally declares war on it. So, you feel helpless as a player. It's terrible game design, really.

So, you feel helpless as a player. It's terrible game design, really.

Only one civ can win in a game and the only way for an AI to slow a player down is to attack a city-state. The game kind of has to function that way.

Probably because you can't get a city state back once it's raised. And, even if you're the suzerain of a city state, you basically can't defend it in any practical way if your ally declares war on it. So, you feel helpless as a player. It's terrible game design, really.

100%... Could it be too complicated to have a DF cost attached to asking an AI to make peace with a city state? It doesn't seem.like it should be but who knows what lurks under the hood of the game...

Really? That's what is preventing you from playing? Sheesh...

Well, city-states are the crux of certain civ and leader abilities: Pericles, Matthias, and even Rough Rider Teddy to an extent. For the AI to be almost guaranteed to screw those leaders over just sucks, and if any of them are your favorite Leaders, I can totally understand not wanting to play since the game ruins your favorite strategy.

Top Bottom