Info thread about each leader/civ in civ6

what is this thread about?:
I think civ is a game that is twice the fun more you know about each leader or civ. So In order to "celebrate" upcoming release of Great commander Pass i will be linking youtube videos about each civ or leader.
Here is how this will work:
1. I will do this alphabetically in leader's name
2. If I can't find info on the leader I will find info on civs as a whole.

Abraham Lincoln :
Alexander the great:
Amanitore:
Ambiotrix : can't find a video so here is video about Gauls in Gallic war.
Bà Triệu:

Last edited:
Cyrus the great:

Dido: She is too mythological so instead of her "mythological tale" here is info about civs instead
Eleanor of Aquitaine:
frederick barbarossa:

our ever so nuke happy Gandhi:
Genghis Khan:
Gilgamesh: again too mythological so here is info about Sumerian instead:
Gitarja: not much about her so here is her civ
Majapahit Indonesia:
Gorgo:

Hammurabi:
Harald Hardrada:
Hojo Tokimune: damn not a lot info about this guy so here is info about Hojo clan instead
Jadwiga:
Jayavarman VII: not much about him so here is info about Khmer Empire

João III: Damn not a lot of English video so here is Portugal history as a whole
John Curtin:
Julius Caesar:
Kristina:
Kublai Khan:

Kupe ME!!!! But alas too mythological and not a lot stand alone info so here is video on Maoris as a whole:
Lady Six Sky: not a good info on her so here is video on Maya:
Lautaro:
Mansa Musa:
Here is extra history's video about Mali for extra

Matthias Corvinus:
Menelik II:
and like always here is extra history's history on Ethiopia as a whole
Montezuma: surprisingly not a lot info- there is his rather whimmpy descendant... so here is video on Aztecs as a whole
Mvemba a Nzinga:

Nader Shah:
Nzinga Mbande:
Pachacuti: not a lot about him personally so here is video about Incas as a whole
Pedro II:
Pericles:

Robert the Bruce:
Saladin:
Seondeok:
Shaka Zulu:
and there is extra history's video on Zulu empire:

Tomyris: not much about her personally ( not surprising there is not enough historical info on her in the first place) so here is video about Scythians
Trajan:
Victoria:
Wilfrid Laurier:
Wilhelmina:

Just as an FYI, while I haven't watched their history content, based on their literature content Extra Credit is pretty sketchy as a channel. I would expect their videos to be equal parts shallow and skewed.

Just as an FYI, while I haven't watched their history content, based on their literature content Extra Credit is pretty sketchy as a channel. I would expect their videos to be equal parts shallow and skewed.
Eh, they're amusing. And at the end of each series, they talk about what they got wrong and where they simplified something due to time constraints or missing information. I wouldn't rely on EH for a term paper, but they're fine for getting some general information.

As someone who loves Civ as a gateway to learning more about great people in different cultures, I LOVE this

Thanks for taking the time to collate.

Eh, they're amusing. And at the end of each series, they talk about what they got wrong and where they simplified something due to time constraints or missing information. I wouldn't rely on EH for a term paper, but they're fine for getting some general information.
So much of their literature content is just outright blatant lies I'd hope they have separate writers/editors for history then. :dunno:

So much of their literature content is just outright blatant lies I'd hope they have separate writers/editors for history then. :dunno:
Eh they are fine and as my favorite historical react/content creator Vlogging through history recommends them, I will enjoy and recommend them.

Top Bottom