Infogrames Helpful Hints

pdescobar

Moo, baby. Moo.
So, I was poking around the Infogrames Support Website for civ3 today and happened upon their Civilization III Hints and Tips Page. I figured it might be good for a laugh, but I didn't expect it to be this good:
Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on.
So, uhh, exactly what are they drinking up there at Infogrames and where can I get some? :p

Forget what they're drinking, I want the Civ3 they're playing!

Hmm. . .must be nice working for the publisher.

Originally posted by pdescobar

"Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources..."
So, uhh, exactly what are they drinking up there at Infogrames and where can I get some? :p
Port wine. :lol:
It's an extra wine resource.

Originally posted by Turner_727
Hmm. . .must be nice working for the publisher.

witticisms like that are always underappreciated. I hope everyone laughed when they read that ;) Man those tips were useless!

Hey, they weren't all useless....

There are several different types of terrain.

Now, which of us can honestly put our hands on our hearts and say that we had realised that before now ?

I think this was my favorite:

Early on in the game, be careful to keep a balance of defense, research, growth, exploration, and culture.

Isn't that the point of the whole game? Perhaps we could suggest some more helpful hints:

1. You can't irrigate or mine Sea, Coast, or Ocean tiles. Be sure to take this into account when settling near water.
2. Units that are destroyed during combat can't be resurrected; remember this when you're planning battles.
3. Winning is the object of the game - if you lose you can't win, so be careful not to lose.

Anyone got any other "hints"?

1) You must build roads before you can build railroads
2) If you don't research or buy techs, you will fall behind technologically
3) If you lose a city, you will produce less shields, commerce and food!

4. Tanks invading a city with Spearman have a good chance to win. (Sorry! You know someone was going there. Might as well get it over with soon!)

5. Save your game when exiting.

6. In case you didn't save, refer to the AutoSave folder.

Okay, now for some real ones:

7. The terrain a city occupies is especially important, because it is always being worked. (pg 55)

8. Throught the years, much of your time is spent moving and positioning your "defense" forces. A strong military is, after all, the best defense against rivals and barbarians. (pg. 77)

9) Remember - without naval transport, your land units cannot move onto sea or coast squares.

10) Watch out! Barbarian units will not be well disposed towards you!

11) Be polite when conversing with the leaders of other civilisations – often you will need to talk to them again, later in the game.

Originally posted by Lambert Simnel

11) Be polite when conversing with the leaders of other civilisations – often you will need to talk to them again, later in the game.

I usually do NOT! What am I doing wrong?????? :cry:

12) There are several different types of terrain. These are listed on page 61 of your manual.

never noticed that......... :hmmm:

one too many m's there killer. Are they actually taking the piss?

13) An ICBM is not an albatross. If you launch it, it must land somewhere.

14) Build your military to have a strong army.

Top Bottom