1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

INFORMAL- Do you want to build the Great Library?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game II: Polls' started by Stuck_as_a_Mac, Sep 8, 2002.

?

Do you want to build the GL?

Poll closed Sep 12, 2002.
  1. YES

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. NO

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  3. ABSTAIN

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

There has been discussion over building the GL. the current queue is:
    iron
    alpha
    writing
    cer. building
    lit.
    At this pace, we could build the GL. Do you suport this? This poll will be up for 4 days and is informal.

2. Eklektikos

Eklektikos Eponymous

Although I know this is not an entirely binding poll, I do feel that the question is slightly manipulative. My reason being that I myself would not be averse to building the GLib at some point with perhaps our second or third Great Leader if it were still available at that point. The question of the day is not a straight "GLib or no GLib" but one of whether we should be beelining for said wonder, and my opinion on that question is an unqualified "no".

3. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

I agree with Eklektikos. Bad poll writing here. Maybe AJ can show you the proper way to write a poll with a light saber. The question really is bad. The Great Library is a good Wonder to build if you can manage it. I like the GL. But I think going after the Great Leaders to rush Wonders is the only way you'll see it. So even tho I want to build the GL, I vote no in this poorly worded poll.

4. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

I don't see how this poll is manipulative. Then against, I'm a pathetic pollster myself. :D

5. donsig

donsig Low level intermediary

But you're a darn good president CT!

I agree with our Military Minister and Cyc. I voted no in this poll but wouldn't mind using a second or third great leader to build the Great Library should the oppotunity present itself.

6. ipris

ipris Warlord

I think we need to look at our situation when (or just before) we get a chance to build a the G.L. I think it is currently too early to decide. so i voted abstain.

7. Padma

Padma the Absent Admin Administrator Supporter

Yes, I would like the GL, but not necessarily at the expense of some other wonder. If we go the military vs Wonder route, I would love to see a Great Leader rush the library for us.

I always like to build the Great Library. But it isn't necessarily a priority.

8. chiefpaco

chiefpaco Emperor

This poll (The Wonder Plan) and relevant discussion The Wonder Plan has already been posted by the Domestic Department. I am not sure what you are trying to do here.

9. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

its informal. and by science.