Informal: Should we manipulate the UN Vote?

What methods should be used in the UN Vote?

• Declare war and eliminate Zulu

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MOTH

Emperor
I am opening this poll as a citizen. The vote for a Diplomatic victory currently has a lead against those that would like a longer end-game. This is to explore what manner we should persue a Diplomatic victory.

I have seen several people argue that we can win the UN vote if we maniuplate the AI attitudes and/or eliminate a few civs. I have seen several others (me included) argue that they think we should win based on our normal ongoing attitudes or not at all.

The areas covered by this poll cross areas (primarily Foreign, but also Trade and Military) so it is not clear who should be polling this. There is also only a little more than 25 hours remaining until the next turn chat, so I thought I would get this rolling. Discussion can take place in this thread or in any thread sponsored by the various ministries.

This will be a multiple choice poll. The various Ministers can interpret majority and/or plurality as they wish in determining the WOTP.

The options:
1. Stop Play on the turn before the UN is completed for more in depth discussion.
2. Sign MPPs on turn before UN Vote to boost AI attitude.
3. Declare war on China and buy MAs with other nations to boost AI attitude.
4. Declare war and eliminate Iroquois.
5. Declare war and eliminate Zulu.
6. Declare war and eliminate Russia.
7. Take no actions to manipulate AI attitude or vote.
8. Do not hold UN Vote at this time
9. Other
10. Abstain

I have voted for both 1 and 7. I think we really need to discuss the victory in more depth before the vote and 2 days is not enough time to finalize plans. I also think that we need to win on the attitude we have developed throughout the game and not use exploits to manipulate AI attitude or to Militarily eliminate nations at the last minute.

I voted 1, 8, and 9. I know, I always say I dislike multiple choice polls, and I do, but this is a complex question. I definitely think we should stop the chat before the vote, thus do not hold the vote at this time. If we waited a while, no problem. ;)

Other: I don't have a problem gifting luxuries. Just luxuries.

Cyc said:
I voted 1, 8, and 9. I know, I always say I dislike multiple choice polls, and I do, but this is a complex question. I definitely think we should stop the chat before the vote, thus do not hold the vote at this time. If we waited a while, no problem. ;)

Other: I don't have a problem gifting luxuries. Just luxuries.
but that means less wine for us ;)

Black_Hole said:
but that means less wine for us ;)
;) I believe you're only aware of the amount available for public consumption. You should see my private stash...

Cyc said:
;) I believe you're only aware of the amount available for public consumption. You should see my private stash...
so thats why your palace is so large, i thought you were collecting bush posters... ;)

If we want to win on the 1st ballot, the easiest way is to sign MPPs, leave out some bait, and declare on the Iroquois. They take the bait during IBT, complete UN, vote, instant win.

However, it would be a nice challenge to avoid direct manipulation. The poll is missing "sell them things at reasonable prices" and "buy things from them for GPT".

We'll be stopping before the UN completes anyway so that differences in relations can be analyzed, to make sure we don't lose on the 1st ballot. :eek:

Top Bottom