Information Department discussion

Strider

In Retrospect
Okay, starting this off... time to get some information from the citizens.

What do you guys want from your local information department? (other than money, tax breaks, a sex-change, oh.. and touch me in a sexual manner and you will die.)

Also, no.. I will not do your homework for you, and I can not get you a new job. Don't ask.

While I'm thinking about it, don't bother asking me what happens if your driving your car at the speed of light, and then turn the headlights on. I don't know, and I really don't care.

Returning to the basics, no.. I don't not know where your socks disappear to after you stick them in the dryer (though, I think they end up in my dryer... my socks alwasy seem to multiply).

Instead of supplying just whatever I think should be supplied, I figure I'll just ask the citizens what they want to know... and then keep that information updated. So let me make this clear... post what you want/need to see, not just anything you can think of.

How about one thread that has a summary of what's going one, complete with a screenshot every now and then?

Not alot I can do about summaries, but screenshots I can handle easily.

Thanks for the links GeorgeOP.

How about a history thread. A non-discussion thread where a new citizen could go to get an over view of what has happened in the past in our country. A few screenshots and a little storyline about how our country has developed. Maybe it gets updated once per term so it can be an on going thing. Newcomers could go to that thread to get a feel for our history then they could delve deeper into the link GeorgeOP gave above so they could learn what is currently happening.

donsig said:
Thanks for the links GeorgeOP.

How about a history thread. A non-discussion thread where a new citizen could go to get an over view of what has happened in the past in our country. A few screenshots and a little storyline about how our country has developed. Maybe it gets updated once per term so it can be an on going thing. Newcomers could go to that thread to get a feel for our history then they could delve deeper into the link GeorgeOP gave above so they could learn what is currently happening.

How about this, I create (and personally update) a "registry" of discussions, polls, and government threads inside of a information department thread. Date them by year (???? BC or AD), and then they are all available for easy viewing. That way, the thread can serve to both look back into our history, and to find out what is going on.

As long as we're heaping the work on someone's theoretical shoulders, we should have an at-a-glance page with a link to the last save, some screenshots, links to and summaries of active threads from all forum segments in the last given number of days, and active polls. We Demogamers interact with our game is principally in those four ways. It would make it much easier to participate if they were all in the same place.

Okay, I've got the main Information Department thread up and running here.

Continue to use this thread for suggestions and comments.

There is not much there at the moment, a list of Term 3 Officials and their HQ's (alot of our officials haven't posted a thread yet). And a recent activty section.

I'll take some screenshots and update it further after the turnchat today.

some info about logging into the turnchat and any options required would be helpful. Just tried it for the first time myself today.

EDIT: just seen that you've offered to do this for Noldodan! Must be a surge of interest in this topic :)

Oldbus said:
some info about logging into the turnchat and any options required would be helpful. Just tried it for the first time myself today.

EDIT: just seen that you've offered to do this for Noldodan! Must be a surge of interest in this topic :)

Yep, I just added it to the Democracy Game Help Guide. Take a look here and tell me if it's enough.

The Information department has been updated with the latest info here

Two screenshots were also added to the screenshots thread. Just click on the link above, look under the "Information Department Hub" section... and click the screenshots link. There the ones at the very bottom ;).

Other than that, I colored the sections in the main thread.

The Information department has been updated once again. Mostly updated the recent activity portion.

-----------

Also, another portion of the information department (suggested by Donsig), was to have a history of our nation.

I would like to take voulanteers to write this history. Basically, you will just be responsible for writing our civilization history up to this point, and then update it each turnchat. Your get the whole second post of the thread to do it in also! Yeah, I know... your jumping for joy.

If no one wants to do it, I'll end up just doing it myself... I guess.

Okay, Bengeance has taken on the role of Historian. Officially making him the Bureau Chief of History (per the presidents orders).

You can read the history up to this point inside of the second post of the main Information department here.

It's a good read :goodjob:

The Information Department looks kind of empty.

Come on guys! Anything else you want to see? I'm perfectly happy not having to do alot of work, but I would like the department to be more useful than this.

i think a list of our military units and diplomatic agreements would be useful.

I can provide the list of units..

List of units, location and their current assignment

Warrior South of Berlin....exploring around Germany
Warrior inside Mongolia..heading south to explore
Warrior in BW...city garrison duty(governor's control)
Spearmen located in MG..city garrison duty(governor's control)
Warrior in Abydos..city garrison duty(governor's control)
Axman in Abydos...city garrison duty(governor's control)
Axman NW of BW...sentry duty and worker protection
Axman N of Aybdos...worker protection
Axman East of Abydos...barb potection and sentry duty

That is the extent of our military.

I will have this in my thread also. 2nd post I will maintain that post updated after our TC. I know this is nt the right place..but I trust Strider can find an more appropriate space.

Top Bottom