1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Informational Poll - Reasearching Sanitation in the Industrial Ages!

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game II: Polls' started by Goonie, Jan 18, 2003.

1. Goonie

Goonie Lonely End of the Rink

This poll is to see what percent of the population likes the following idea!

The idea is that we go for medicine and Sanitation, because the AI never seems to reasearch these techs. This will mean sliding up the science meter, but if we get it first, we can sell it to all the other nations for GPT. BIG GPT! With that gold per turn, we can slide the slider up even more on the way to motorized transport, and who knows, maybe our panzers will be blitzing while everyone else's cavalry are eating grass. This might be our only chance to pull ahead in the tech race for a long time, and I dont want to lose this oppurtunity. Some say go to Motorized transport right away, and I say if we do that, we wont get it first, and we will still be behind in the tech race. I would hate for some advanced civ to win a spaceship victory, wouldn't you?

Vote YES!

Related discussion.

2. Goonie

Umm, forgot the poll. So just say yes, no , abstain.

3. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

Sounds good. We had PI#6 over that. ;)

4. TNG

TNG Sad, sad little man

Yes

5. amirsan

amirsan King of all Kings

We need Steem Power!!! Railroads, Battle Ships, Panzers!!!! We can study sanitation after we get tanks or even our opponents would get sanitation so we could trade.

6. Goonie

Amirsan, you must not have understood a few things. If we slide the slider up and get medicine and Sanitation first, it is more likely that we will get Motorized Transport(Panzers) first. The AI gives HUGE GPT, for these techs, but never reasearchs them themselves. Going for Sanitation is only two techs off the MT line, but in the end I believe it will get us there faster, because the AI economy will be crippled from giving us all that GPT and for once will be able to slide the slider up! Sanitation is a MUST!

Once we have sanitation, then we can whip out the Panzers!

7. Shaitan

Shaitan der Besucher

Goonie, please post this as an actual poll.

8. donsig

donsig Low level intermediary

I think we need a little dicussion of this topis before we poll it. It is an interesting idea but I have some reservations. Will we be able to reseach the tech ourselves in a reasonable amount of time? I'm also worried about what the war situation will be then.
    On a related topic, we will get a free tech when we enter the industrial age. Which one do we want and can we influence it at all?

9. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

As far as I know, donsig, the Tech that gives us Riflemen, "Nationalism", is the default (I think I may have been proven wrong in DG1, but who knows. The English may have been perfecting Witchcraft at that time.). If you choose to research Nationalism, then you get Steam Power. Maybe we should research Nationalism? :) Just a thought. If you choose to research Steam Power then you get Nationalism. Riflemen are probably more important to use right now than Railroads.

10. Shaitan

Shaitan der Besucher

11. puglover

puglover Disturber of Worldviews

Cool idea! Yes.