Ingame Editor

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modpacks' started by DonQuiche, Aug 21, 2011.

1. blackmerk

blackmerk Chieftain

Thanx for an answer. at least it is give to us a hope, to someone else :)
    not condemn U, it is Ur decision, and thanx again for really shortly answer to peoples.
    Could you be so kind to upload sources to any cloud and provide community with a link to it?
    and one more: i think, that it some time easier to make something by yourself, than explain to other how to do that :)

2. DonQuiche

DonQuiche Emperor

Every mod is naturally open source since civ only accepts source codes. :)
    As for the repo, I provided a sourceforge one a long time ago, no one ever contributed. I doubt it is worth moving to git now.

3. Hulfgar

Hulfgar Emperor

This is a mod for Civ 5...

4. PsychopaticTerminator

PsychopaticTerminator Chieftain

is there a way to install it when i dont have the mods file, i just dont know where it is or i dont have it.

5. PsychopaticTerminator

PsychopaticTerminator Chieftain

i do have Civ 5 and the mod file doesn't appear so can you please tell me where it is because i dont know where it is

6. joeandraw

joeandraw Chieftain

is it possible to break away from team???????

7. Equesrider

Equesrider Chieftain

Hi, thanks for a great mod. I only have one issue when using certain civs that adds some UI like the Chtulu Civ and the Olmecs. When those are active and I'm in IGE the road 'icon' is gone and I can't place roads. Is there a way to modify ige interface so that the roads placing option/button gets visible again? The above civs somehow shifts the interface and roads get hidden. The option to remove roads 'x' is still visible. Please advice.

8. nyyfandan

nyyfandan Chieftain

So the Mod "125 Unique Components" completely disables the IGE in game. There's no error and the game doesn't crash or anything, it basically just turns it off. The other mod was released in August 2016, and just adds more units and buildings, nothing too crazy. I'm guessing it's because it adds things the IGE doesn't have. Is there a workaround for this? From what i know about modding other games, it seems like changing the load order would basicaly fix my problem, I'm just not sure if that's possible here

Equesrider likes this.
  9. Equesrider

Equesrider Chieftain

Same issue here. Something in that mod is blocking IGE for me as well. Don't know what.

10. Nutty

Nutty Deity

Note that @DonQuiche isn't around much anymore (last login was early November).

This behavior typically indicates a bug in the OTHER mod (in 125 Unique Components, in this case), since IGE's Lua will crawl through all of the components on startup, hit the bug and crash (unlike the game, where the bug won't arise until the component is used). I've actually found this behavior to be a somewhat helpful troubleshooting step in my own modding.

If he does come by, or if someone else is willing to help, you should follow the bug reporting instructions from post #2. Specifically, post your lua.log:

Equesrider likes this.
  11. albazeus

albazeus Chieftain

Does this mod work in Linux? I got this in the log:
    Code:
    [55.625] File Error: \home\mattia\.local\share\Aspyr\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\ige\ige_loader.lua
    [55.625] Runtime Error: Error loading \home\mattia\.local\share\Aspyr\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\ige\ige_loader.lua.

Note the '\' instead of '/'.

12. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

I suspect the '\' is just the way the error report is formatted.
    Is ~/.local/share/... the correct location for the Civ5/Mods folder on a Linux system? That's a hidden folder.

13. albazeus

albazeus Chieftain

Yes, it's the correct location. In Linux every configuration file/directory is hidden.
    I found the problem: it was searching 'ige_loader.lua' but I had 'IGE_Loader.lua'. So I extracted the mod with `unzip -LL <file.zip>' to have all lower case characters. I think it was mentioned somewhere.
    Now it's working but in the wrong position because I use another mod that changes the UI. I'm working on it.

14. HoldYourWaffle

HoldYourWaffle Chieftain

IGE throws an error message when opening while using RED DLL for BNW.

System: PC
    DLC: GK + BNW
    Mods: R.E.D. DLL for BNW (v 9) - Steam Workshop

Error message:
    civ5modfolder\Ingame Editor (v 39)\Panels\IGE_UnitsPanel.lua:89: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
    C function
    IGE_UnitsPanel:89
    C function
    C function
    IGE_Window.lua:73
    C function

Attached Files:

• lua.txt
      File size:
      25.7 KB
      Views:
  15. chrisgatt7

chrisgatt7 Prince

This mod needs to go to CIV VI

16. sep1947

sep1947 Chieftain

please, need your help I got the error message

MAC OS 10.11.6 Captura de pantalla 2017-05-20 a las 11.14.57 p.m..png

17. draconis3636

draconis3636 Chieftain

I run Civilization V on PC. I have both Gods & Kings and Brave New World. I hadn't played for a while, and previously everything worked fine. But, since I started playing again yesterday, I've had an error with the IGE.
    It reads:
    IGE couldn't start properly, probably because of another mod.
    line Assets\UI\IconSupport.lua: 12: attempt to call field 'IconTextureAtlases' (a nil value)

Now, I made sure to double-check by running IGE without any other mods. It comes up the same. It is a completely legal version of the game, recently reinstalled and updated. I purchased it directly from Steam, and have the receipt.

18. Samantha Robert

Samantha Robert Chieftain

I'm getting an error message similar to those posted by the last one...
    IGE error screenshot.png

19. Svenny

Svenny Chieftain

I've been running into a weirdly specific problem. For some reason my game crashes whenever Jefferson Davis build the Manhattan Project. I figure if I could give the project to his teammate I might be able to circumvent the crash but I can't figure out how to do that in IGE.

20. RyoCraft

RyoCraft Chieftain

Windows 10 PC
    Yes I have all the DLCs
    Yes I have a legal version through steam

Every time I click to open IGE it repeats the same 3 lines in the log and presents the error ingame.

I've tried unsubscribing, searching my computer, deleting all mods and the cache, reinstalling CIV5, and running the mod by itself.

https://imgur.com/a/KUJA3

This is what the log outputs
    [148301.671] IGE_Window: IGE_PingAllVersions, data=...
    [148301.671] IGE_Window: IGE_PingAllVersions, data=...
    [148301.671] TextPopup: one

Attached Files:

• Lua.txt
      File size:
      51.8 KB
      Views: