1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

IngameUIAddin doesn't allow Lua?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Halcyan2, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Halcyan2

Halcyan2 Emperor

I am working on a mod, that modifies some existing XML files and modifies existing Lua files.

The XML changes work fine, and I use UpdateDatabase under the Actions section.

From what I've read, to utilize the Lua modifications, I need to go to the Contents section and select IngameUIAddin for those Lua.

However, when I try to add an IngameUIAddin, the only options in the dropdown menu are the XML files and not any of the Lua files! In fact, the only situations where the Lua files are shown as selectable is if I try to add a Mapscript instead.

Am I doing something wrong? How do I select those Lua for IngameUIAddin?

Thanks!

2. Halcyan2

Halcyan2 Emperor

Nevermind. It looks like you can manually enter the file path name (since the lua isn't appearing in the dropdown menu).

3. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

If you select InGameUIAddin in the top drop-down it filters the bottom one to only xml files. BUT with the top drop-down blank, you can select any file in the project in the bottom drop-down (ie the Lua file you want) and then set the top one to be InGameUIAddin - somewhat counter-intuitive, but safer/easier than typing the Lua file path/name

4. Craig_Sutter

Craig_Sutter Deity

I didn't know that, whoward69... that'll be way better. Thanks.