1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ingushetia votes stolen in Russia

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by McManus, Jan 12, 2008.

1. McManus

McManus Thinkers friend

Linky.. #1

Linky #2

Last link is in finnish, but a basically the Washington Post or New York Times of Finland, so a pretty solid news source...

I wonder why it would seem that Putin is so popular? There was a thread on this a while ago, and I think the debatees were claiming that Putin is very far from, say, Kim Jong-Il... But so far, it does not look too good...

2. LesCanadiens

LesCanadiens Deity

I don't trust the Jamestown Foundation, since they're basically a right wing group who has always tried to make Russia look bad. The Other Russia is not exactly a paragon of objective journalism either.

I'll wait until I see it on a news site that can be considered reputable and objective.

3. Newbunkle

Newbunkle Muppet

Oopsie... Reminds me of the Simpsons when all the dead folk were found to have voted for Sideshow Bob.

4. Hitti-Litti

Hitti-Litti Deity

Well, I can't say it's a surprise, who seriously thought that Putin wouldn't have prevented all possible surprising election results? But yeah, I laughed when I saw that 98.3% voted and 98.7% for Putin's party.

5. zxcvbnm

zxcvbnm The Nobody

Same in Chechnya. 99% support in an area fighting for independence, come on now, nobody believed that.
    Helsingin Sanomat is the largest newspaper in Finland and considered very reliable