Initiate Zulu War, Don't Start it (PP)

Thanks for the replies guys, enjoying reading the both negative and positive. So it seems if we do fight a war, it's against Rome, huh? Well, that doesn't really change the plan, IF we plan on expanding soon. (Note: This isn't a "who do we attack thread", rather a "phony pacifism thread").

PS. Where should I have posted this thread, as I've said before, I'm pretty new (that excuse is gonna run out soon!)

This is the correct place to post this thread, Dominik. The animated Zulu was directed at your choice of victims, I believe.

It seems like everyone has changed their minds, it could just be me but it seemed that a few days ago a lot of people were for invading the Zulus . or maybe I'm just suffering from False consensus affect( an overestimation of others agreements with your beliefs). but I'm itching to conquer somebody so why not Rome, even if they may be harder

I like real pacifism, myself.

A lot of people are annoyed when you meet them. I guess that means you have to take them out immediately. Like strangers who don't look at you all too nicely.

Epimethius said:
A lot of people are annoyed when you meet them. I guess that means you have to take them out immediately. Like strangers who don't look at you all too nicely.

Of course, when someone on the street looks at me funny, I go for the throat!!! :twitch: :lol:

But seriously, we're stuck on this continent with 5 other civs. Its pretty cramped and blood is eventually going to be shed. I don't look as this as a genocide. I fell we are preemtively planning an inevitable situation. Over time, we will run out of space and there will be struggles for land. I say we be on top of this. If that means planning a totally offensive crusade years before it happens, so be it.

Good point snipelfritz. A war is going to break out eventually. It's not that we hate them (well some of us do) it's that they're in our way. If we don't want to be an easy target we would need a big military, and if we have a big military then why not use it instead of letting the upkeep eat at us?

I have cut through roman legions in my last game with immortals as hot knife through butter. I think Immortal will like this post :).
Wait for Samurai.

It's just a game, it's not real life. In the game, you're supposed to make war to have fun playing the game. What's the problem with killing little virtual non-existing soldiers?

Why so much of the pacifism? Do you pity the little virtual men walking to their deaths?

We have the power to invade Rome right now, as they don't have a source of Iron connected. the best defense they have is archers and spearmen. We should go for the kill now. And to have some fun ^^.

Eniotna said:
It's just a game, it's not real life. In the game, you're supposed to make war to have fun playing the game. What's the problem with killing little virtual non-existing soldiers?

That is a fair point, but one of the objectives of this game is that first and foremost it's a game of democracy, the actual civ game is definitely in second place. We are trying to simulate an empire which is more than just trying to win a game. As such people are generally encouraged to voice their true opinions not just the best strategy.
As for myself, I know that an unprovoked attack against the Romans will help us get very strong if well planned and executed, I still do not support it as Japanatica being based on Japan has a code of honour and stuff like that and as such would be very unwilling to do such a thing (according to my very limited knowledge).
Of course I've just created a new group "The People's Front of Japanatica" (so new the thread's not there yet), who hate the Romans. In fact we hate the Romans a lot. So I don't know any more...

Dominik said:
PS. Where should I have posted this thread, as I've said before, I'm pretty new (that excuse is gonna run out soon!)
The location was absolutely correct. I'm sorry if my joke of the picture confused you. I've removed it BTW.

I see we are surrounded by non-Japanaticans. But that can be a challenge. Trying to get stronger and better, without going to war. Which by no means means that we'll be pacifists without an army. I think good and plenty of soldier-units will help to prevent declarations of war.

Wouldn't "No war" be a real challenge ?

Rik Meleet said:
The location was absolutely correct. I'm sorry if my joke of the picture confused you. I've removed it BTW.

Yeah, I was a little confused, but everyone seemed to get a good laugh out of it. You should've kept it. :p

What about "no war" for people other than the Babs, French, Zulu, Romans and Irq?
Huh?
We can still be peaceful (and win Diplo) and take out 5 other civs.
It looks like we might be on a continet, as we have yet to meet anyone else in the past couple of turns. Conduct wars against all of them, make nice with the other people, still win diplo
Hey, it can happen

Originally Posted by Dominik
Meh, we're overreacting to Hiawatha, he's a good guy.

no hes not, i happend to know that he is a despot *ignors fact everyone is a despot* but i do think we should leave them alone unless they attack us. My policy - If Iroquois attack us then we should use our army and romes to turn their citys to a small native american paste. but if they leave us alone we could use them to help us 'Federate' with Rome. Please note i hate the Iroquois but some times you have to side with people you dispise (we could even sell them weapons and have it come back to bite us in the rear)

Top Bottom