Initiated the war, and AI pay the war

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by binyo66, Apr 29, 2004.

1. binyo66

binyo66 King

Here is somekind of funny. PTW, emperor, 24civs, huge map, pangea. Assigend as German.
    I was the highest in score. Followed by Babylon and Persia. Babylon was my east neighbour, and he was rich. On the otherhand, Persia was quite far on the west. There was China, Spain, and Iroq between us. So, I Initiated war against Persia, and I allied all his neighbour (alliance-lux) to fight against persia. To secure my East Side, I allied with American and Babylon as well. Suprising, even been attacked by many civs (babylon allied with mongols to fight against persia too), the persia still survived for 60 turns. He even reduced Iroq to 3 cities. While all AI fightings, I keep building my infrastructure (well, it was medieaval) and not sending a single unit to Persia. What suprising me (1st time I got this), after 20 turns, china and spain requested to ally with me (even they knew I was at war with Persia and I was the one who initiated the war). When I asked 5GPT for the alliance, China gladly except it (Spain just willing to pay 1GPT). It was happen again the next 20 turns. So, instead I paid them for the alliance, they paid me just for a phony war :D
    Edit : At this game, I could tech lead by around 9 techs to the closest (Rome and Babylon) in this game before modern era :D

2. lbhhh

lbhhh King

Maybe the AI sensed you were the powerhouse civ and wanted to keep you on their good side. Also, I remember reading in one of these forums that if you sign a military alliance and don't fight a single battle, the AI will remember it(kind of like a rep hit).

3. binyo66

binyo66 King

I dont seem have that kind of problem. But it may due to the fact that in most of my monarch/emperor games (I'm not sure if I got a rephit or not), I am always on state of war (in most games I am Monarchy or Republic, so I am not worry about WW), and always brings alliances. For instance, after China destroyed the last persian city, I declared war with American (East of my teritory, but it had to go to babylon to get me), and like ussual, I brough Babylon, Rome, France, Korea (all of them American) neighbours, and I didnt send any unit (but after 20 turns, my alliances didnt want to pay GPT like China/Spain).