• Abstain

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Furius

Prince
The Naming Initiative
I. Preamble
As our civilisation grows we will, hopefully, found new cities and discover geographical features. Especially in the case of cities, custom names would help add an atmospheric touch to our civilisation.

II. Procedure for Naming a New City
On founding, a city will be given the temporary placeholder name: "City#1" (In the event that there is already a city holding that name, the new city will be named "City#2" and so on in numerical order as required). A thread will then be opened by the Cheftain, to accept nominations from the public for the new city's name.

All nominated names which have been seconded after four days will then be polled. If there is no majority decision, then the top three options, including ties, will be polled again. In the event of no majority in the second poll, the top two options will be polled again.

Should no nomination be seconded, all nominated names will be entered in the initial poll.

III. Loss of city
Should a city be conquered or otherwise lost to another civilisation, before the naming process is completed, the process will be continued and the city given the eventually chosen name in the event of its recovery. Should the city be razed or otherwise destroyed before the naming process is complete, however, the naming process will be aborted.

IV. Renaming an Existing City

Renaming a city should occur only in special cases, and as such would be organised by the Cheiftain, in consultation with the city in question's Elder

V. Other features
Other geographical features, including, but not limited to: continents, mountain ranges, oceans, forests, and plains may also be named. Nomination threads for such features may be posted by any interested individual, and would follow the same procedure as in III.

It is advised that a thread be maintained noting names of such geographical features to allow for easy referral.

VI. Limitations
Names must not violate CFC forum rules

Poll closes in 3 days and is private... Discussion here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=208881

Just so you know, you can still add a poll after it's been posted - just click on thread tools.

I would have preferred a much simpler initiative, so have voted no. The two points I posted (Chieftain in charge of naming, names must not violate forum rules) were intended to be the entire initiative, not comments on how the proposal should be modified. ;)

As a newbie, I voted no. I can't muster much enthusiasm for such a lengthy proposal for such a simple task. How about:

"Whoever founds a city names it. If the citizens are really unhappy, it's time for a coup."

I'm joining those who want simple initiatives and voting no.

Other than that the poll itself looks good except we can do without abstain now. :)

I figured that it presents a way for people to see who's winning without stating an opinion?
I dunno... It dosen't mean anything anymore, but it might as well be there...

I'm voting yes. If this initiative is approved it will give us a process to follow, and that might prevent arguments later on.

Top Bottom