1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Innovia Embassy

Discussion in 'Team Epsilon' started by General_W, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Memphus

Memphus Deity

This is one of those moments....

If we don't attack this turn and the world gangs up on us and we lose...It will haunt us all.

I am still leaning towards attacking....

Could we attack this turn, then offer peace? (meaning We hit the 4 planned cities then offer peace?

2. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Ok So I have the save open...they have switch to all the wartime Civics, but thier defense are scaattered still (in Fact Port Torpicana is an easier as the withdrew troops)

So if we don't hit this turn...They will be bostlered soon enough.

I am really worried about agreeing to this...

I am 95% confident we can defeat all 4 targeted cities this turn.

Why not do that, then negotiate peace if desired?

3. General_W

General_W Councilor & Merlot Noble

I think this is mainly a consideration of the fun-factor for the other teams.
    By all accounts, Innovia has 2 or 3 active players, Piffle has 1 or 2, and Aloha has maybe just 1?

I know it's kind of anti-climactic for us to pull back from the brink of glorious blood-soaked conquest now… but didn't we decide to wait at least for Coal plants anyway? (ie – no attacking this turn anyway)

I think Innovia really is beaten – and I know plenty of players (friends in RL, not on here) that just hate to see their beautifully cultivated cities captured and burned… they'd rather concede than watch their hard work go down the drain. So it's pretty easy for me to believe that Innovia is sincere in being willing to lose if it means they lose with the dignity of their cities all under their control. If we attack them – it'll be a fight to the finish. Fun for us – but probably not for anyone else.

I vote we just be gracious, and accept Innovia's offer to live on their knees rather than die on their feet.

Looks like Kylearan and I are in favor of this, Peter is leaning that way, Our dear President Memphus is opposed, and no word so far from Dave.

4. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

I'm definitely leaning towards taking the peace.

When it comes down to it, I wouldn't even mind all that much if all the other teams ganged up on us :backstab:

I enjoy playing the game. Winning is secondary, and when victory is always assured, it's my last priority. When I play against a certain friend, we always set higher challenges for me to handicap the games a little.

So, Yeah - I say we take the peace, signing a treaty that we won't ever attack them for as long as they never help Piffle, nor gift units to Aloha. The Aloha thing matters because we don't want Innovia to gift units to Aloha who gifts them to Piffle who then attacks us. :twitch:

5. Memphus

Memphus Deity

hmmm very valid points.... I am jsut so paranoid about a :backstab:

and this would show weakness in the leader...

6. Memphus

Memphus Deity

To add a little bit more to this... Piffle switched reasearch.. The are going to discover Fission Interturn.... HMMMM

Aloha is close to Artillery.... (rocketry next???)

7. General_W

Yipes – well, it wouldn't surprise me that Innovia is going to try to haggle for peace in hopes that Aloha and Piffle will nuke us into oblivion before we can hold them to their UN vote promise.

Hmm…. That does add a wrinkle.

I'm waffling on the peace thing now.
    I still think we should delay the attack till we have Coal plants… so imo we still have time to decide.

Or – on the other hand – now that they've spotted us and have switched civics, maybe we should just follow our dear president's instinct and hit them before they can get ready the rest of the way?

Oh dear. I'm very confused now! :lol:

8. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

Ugh! Fission? :shake:

Do they have a Great Engineer lurking about? How long until they'd be able to build the Manhattan Project?

Now I'm back on the fence.... :lol:

9. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Piffle did have an engineer at one point and I can guess what it was used on :eek:

I Say hit em now, we have an advantage, every Turn Innovia can add more troops.

Coal plants can be used to reinforce, we already have lots of cities online

10. General_W

And this, gentlemen, is how peace dies.
    Fear.

But then again – it's them or us, so I say nuke the b*stards before they can get us! :ar15:

:lol:
    Seriously – with what looks very much like the seeds of an international conspiracy organized by Innovia at the 11th hour… if we back off, we'll be in a lot of danger.
    We'd better commence with the strikes on Innovia, and get ready for the attack from the rear that's probably coming from Piffle and Aloha as soon as they can get in position.

This is the moment we've been preparing for all game. The world has finally recognized it's peril and has united against the threat. Let's hope it's too late for the world! :evil: :D

11. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

:hammer: Gentlemen! Are we all being paranoid? How quickly we change our minds! :lol: :old:

Why should we attack now?

What is the price of caution? Why not let Piffle or Innovia make the first move? Yes, we could take down several cities next turn (whether it's 3 or 4 is debatable), but then we are committed to ruthlessly overpowering at least 1, possibly 2 other teams; we'll never know if Innovia was being truthful [until the team forums are unlocked :mischief:

If we wait and see if they have the guts to strike us then we can take 'preemptive' action. They will still have to sail to us, at least until ICBMs :run:

I say we call Innovia's bluff, and hold them to the UN gambit. At the same time, we get keep close tabs on Piffle, and if they start development of the Manhattan Project, we beeline for SDI. Could we reach fallout shelters and SDI before the others can launch ICBMs? :dunno:

12. Memphus

Memphus Deity

because at this moment we KNOW we have the advatange. Crippling Innovia this turn keeps less unknown out of it.

Every Turn that Goes By Innovia can get stronger and produce units. If they (3 teams) are uniting...then we need to weaken them quickly...

13. General_W

Well, I'd answer those questions by saying that if I were on team Piffle, Innovia, or Aloha, I would have been clamoring for a 3-way alliance to stop Epsilon immediately following our blitzkrieg of Loco.

I've frankly been amazed that it hasn't happened yet (or has it?) – and we've been keeping close tabs on what everyone else is doing watching for this very development to happen.

Now, right on the verge of our invasion, Innovia offers a very puzzling agreement to guarantee their defeat… simultaneously, Piffle abandons their research to switch to Fission, raising the specter of 3v1 Nuclear War.

The price of caution is allowing our enemies time to prepare their 3-way anti-Epsilon alliance and obtain nuclear weapons.
    We should attack now to kill this beast before it can fully form and prepare for battle.

If Dave or Memphus wants to weigh in here and say that we can get SDI before the nukes start raining from the sky, then I guess the UN gambit is a bit safer.

It's not that I think Innovia is lying per-se … it's just that I don't think it's as simple as they make it sound. It's mainly that I'm worried there's something else up their sleeve.

14. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Interturn Update:

PHASE 1:

We are At war:
    Port Tropicana is now Called Port Freedom :evil:

Casualties: None. (Our First cannon Withdrew haha)

Attached Files:

15. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Interturn Update #2:

Phase #2:

We run into a snag outside Powdertown...They have reinforced :mad:

Plan B: golden!

Wonder if we should send the screenshot with 97.3% odds

Attached Files:

16. General_W

:lol: - well I guess that settles that!

Thank you Dr. Strangelove… I mean President Memphus :mischief:

Recommended reading for Peter and Kylearan: "How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb" – by Wallall Dyeanaway. ;)

Go Epsilon! Charge!! :ninja:

17. General_W

But we can pretty much assume they'll draft another unit in there next turn, right?
    So we might still be a ways from taking Powderton... :dunno:

18. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Interturn Update #3

The Big Push into Chowdertown (Now Called Clam Chowder :evil)

We have 3 Infantry Landed to Hold it, one with City Defender 3 :eek: I still need to protect those Galleons Though...

Edit: Sorry Casualties: 2 Cannons, 1 more potentially interturn (withdrew but the galleon may get sunk, this was the suicide galleon anyways)

Attached Files:

19. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Which Is perfect if we can distract thier troops from their capital :evil:

BTW I am still playing...as we speak haha....

That infantry in the forest is killer for holding his ground!

20. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Phase #4:

The Final Strike (this turn) On Southern Comfort....

We Raze it. We have 1 Infantry Landed

Casualties: 1 Cannon.

So we have 4 more troops to redispurse (Port Freedom, Clam Chowder or Press to the Capital) Next turn.

Attached Files: