Innovian Succesion Game #2

Settler is now complete, and we plan our little "exodus" to that little island. We just have to hunker down in the island and hunker down, and then sue Montezuma when UN pops up for historical wrongs. We can only ship 2 units at a time, but I plan to send some settlers over.

Suddenly, no Aztec besiegers left, as we charge the hill with the ruins of the old fort with our men.

Valmiki, Greate Artiste, born 1500 in Medina, from the womb of a dying female longbowman. This will go to the island to set up some martial art for us.

Medina fall 1530, shame it was the best unit, Triple City Garrison plus Hills Defense Longbowman on the hill city of Medina, and his loyal spearman medic friend, Jafar, who never struck out with his spear, but healed with bandages.

Isolated in little Najran, I have no other choice but to make a revolution to:

Paganism, Bureaucracy and Caste System.

1834 Falls to Aztec naval landing of Najran, which is massive, the few defenders cannot hold it back, and the now Christian Arab nation is utterly destroyed.

The previous naval landing, lead by Tokugawa, was barely fended off in 1735.

This meant, that my dynasty could hold out from 1160, when the Empire was written off, to 1834, that is not too bad. 674 years for a decaying dynasty, almost like the Palaiologos of the Byzantines.

The extent of the Christian Realm of Najran, and reason why the enemy wanted our land from our little island.

DEATH COUNT

Enemy:
1 Warrior
2 Axemen
2 Horse Archers
2 Cavalry
2 Riflemen
4 Jaguar
4 Spearmen
5 Chariots
7 Crossbowmen
11 Catapults
12 Macemen
14 archers
33 Knights

In general, enemy lost 3-4 times as much as we did, thanks to much better force qualities and combined arms.

That was pretty cool, but if the AI didn't raze Medina you never would have been able to settle the island. Did you suspect that he would do that or did you just have no other choice?

No, you can settle both, since there was one tile in between. At a point I had Medina and Najran left.

By the way, Aggressive trait combined with Vassalage is quite magical.
Macemen with Combat (default Aggressive) get access to Shock, Cover, and Formation. This means we can increase the odds from average strength 8 to a localized and specialized strength of 135 % right away. For city takers, we add another City Raider, and then the city assaulter would be up at 160 %, for example, which is 12.8 in strength for that role.

Vassalage has altered the old production war paradigm to a real war.

No, you can settle both, since there was one tile in between. At a point I had Medina and Najran left.
Weird, the game doesn't allow me to found cities within two tiles of one another, i.e. there has to be two tiles between. Is that rule ignored when on different landmasses or is there another explanation that you were able to found it?

Well done with the survival game. Pity that the city fell before the UN came around.

I think different landmasses allows it. Because it does not work on land.

Nice work :)

If you're feeling like playing old games, I've got the last savegame from the first C4 DG (we abandoned it :(), care to give it a shot? :p

Weird, the game doesn't allow me to found cities within two tiles of one another, i.e. there has to be two tiles between. Is that rule ignored when on different landmasses or is there another explanation that you were able to found it?

Well done with the survival game. Pity that the city fell before the UN came around.

I think different landmasses allows it. Because it does not work on land.

Yes, that is the correct explanation. With different landmasses, there is no limit on the distance between cities, which effectively means that you can plant new cities 2 tiles away from other older cities, rather than the usual 3.

Top Bottom