[GS] Inquiring about Chinese Tactics...

Gamer Grampz

Chieftain
Been playing this franchise since the '90s when I was first exposed to Civ2. I actually remember coming to this site as a kid/teen and reading the story/text versions of lets plays back on dial-up internet. Happy I finally found my way back... anyway, on to the actual topic:

I've been a huge fan of CivTrader6 on YouTube ever since I discovered his videos around a year ago now and they were great for helping me improve my game. The problem is that now they're clearly a bit dated and so only so much of the content is relevant to GS. I'd heard him mention the Chinese gamer Rogue.Star who he learned his peaceful science victory strategies with Trajan & Pericles from.

This was my only exposure to this sort of concept... especially the sheer efficiency of it. Then just last week I was made aware of a very interesting Religious based science strategy that is modern and then discovered that it was also Rogue.Star who came up with it. I watched 7 hours of him playing this concept and took notes, but it was extremely painful because I only speak English and even his game client is obviously based in his language.

I'm really interested in learning more efficient ways to play the game, and from what I understand there is generally no one better. I'm just wondering, does anybody have any translated gudies or ideas or know where to find them?

Thanks in advance, and sorry... I know I can ramble lol

The best go between for the 2 fanatic sites is @Boyan_Sun but things have been quiet of late.
The Chinese forum does come up with some great concepts but it is not a one way street. The fast SV’s were first developed here in the GOTM forum as far as I am aware and civtrader6 is not the only fast player on these forums by any means.
The best things I have learnt have been through playing GOTM games and also replaying the same game to try and make it more efficient.
One has to be careful about the efficiency in these replays and there is an unusually large amount of finding the right CS first to get the first +2 bonuses and the ability to decide to sail some units into the unknown. They are great learning video’s but the average game will not reach these scores. GOTM is normally pretty well thought out with its maps, they used to be OP and still have great starts but often now are more challenging.
The title of your post seems different of contents. The chines 50% eureka and extra build charge really help with SV in particular but all victories they have benefits in with their generalist abilities. Being able to rush a wonder in 1 turn is one of these

Walls and pillage are currently 2 large areas of difference from when civtrader6 was posting.

I can ramble too.

Thanks for taking the time to respond Victoria... appreciate the insights. I'll have to look deeper into the forums here. I'll admit that I was mainly looking for actual gameplay footage so that I could actually watch it done before me as I learn better that way.

s I learn better that way.
Seems you know a lot already and have the gist.
Then it’s just about finding your own style... which is in no playthrough.
If wanting to truly min/max then GOTM is a good measurement of how well you are doin.
Regardless, welcome to being a fanatic.

Top Bottom