Inquisitors as Workers

Ambug666

Chieftain
I want to create a unit that does the job of workers, but uses the models and art from Inquisitors. I've gotten to the point where I have the Inquisitors there, but when they are tasked to do a job they just stand there as the job mysteriously gets built around them.

I'd like them to do something as the farms get built, the mines get dug, the roads get laid and so forth. I'm ok with them doing their default job animation instead of raking or shoveling or whatever.

I have tried playing around with ftsxml and fsmxml files, but I just don't know what I'm doing. Can anyone help or point me to a reference?

Thanks!

Unfortunately this will require some 3D modeling. You'll need to follow the first half of this tutorial, then rig the inquisitor to the worker skeleton with this tutorial (however step 1D is easier with a bone weight copy).

EDIT: I didn't read properly. That would be to do it RIGHT.

For the cheaty method you want, try this:

You need to add a new art define referencing an included modified and renamed inquisitor.fxsxml file (VFS=true) with your mod.

Compare the worker and inquistor .fxsxml files. From the worker file, these are the animations we want to replace:
Code:
<Animation file="Worker_EURO_Shovel.gr2" [COLOR="Red"]ec="1910"[/COLOR]/>
<Animation file="Worker_EURO_Rake.gr2" [COLOR="Red"]ec="1920"[/COLOR]/>
<Animation file="Worker_EURO_Axe.gr2" [COLOR="Red"]ec="1930"[/COLOR]/>
<Animation file="Worker_EURO_Pickaxe.gr2" [COLOR="Red"]ec="1940"[/COLOR]/>
<Animation file="Worker_EURO_Hammer.gr2" [COLOR="Red"]ec="1950"[/COLOR]/>
<Animation file="Worker_EURO_Railroad.gr2" [COLOR="Red"]ec="1960"[/COLOR]/>

So you want to adapt the "Build" animation and re-use it no matter what kind of build:
Original:
Code:
<Animation file="Inquisitor_Build.gr2" ec="1990"/>
Changed:
Code:
<Animation file="Inquisitor_Build.gr2" [COLOR="Red"]ec="1910, 1920, 1930, 1940, 1950, 1960"[/COLOR]/>
You'll also need to use the worker triggers instead of the inquisitor's:
Code:
<TimedTrigger file="FX_Triggers_Worker_EURO.ftsxml"/>

Unfortunately, that didn't work. They are still standing there impassively as the farm is built around them. I've attached the art define and fsxml files.

Attachments

• hoodedArtDefines.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 20
An interesting bit of data. i changed the file to:
<Animation file="Inquisitor_IdleA.gr2" ec="1910, 1920, 1930, 1940, 1950, 1960"/>
<Animation file="Inquisitor_Build.gr2" ec="1000"/>

And it totally showed the "build" animation when idle. They kept up that animation when I ordered them to build a farm, so it's got to be a triggering issue.

Top Bottom