Inquisitors unable to attack a Missionary

Pheylan

Chieftain
I'm having an odd situation. I'm not sure if it is a bug or not. I'm playing as the Scythians and the Germans are sending missionaries at me. I have one that has just entered my territory and my inquisitors are unable to attack the missionary. I get the red targeting circle, but nothing happens. I haven't changed any policies lately. I did advance to the Atomic Age somewhat recently (not really sure how recently). Any ideas? Questions that would help clarify what is going on?

Maybe you bought your inquisitor in a city, right after it converted to the religion of Germany. So the inquisitor has the same religion as the missionary and they cannot attack each other. The religion of a unit is written in brackets by mouseover it.

I don't even know, if there is a way to get your religion back, after all cities with your religion are converted to another religion and all units with your believe are destroyed.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I overwrote the quick save...

I didn't think they were both the German religion, but that is certainly possible. I guess I'll chalk this one up and look more closely at my unit's religion if it happens again. Thanks for the input.

Top Bottom