Inquistors and Great Prophets

Callonia

Deity
Is it true that by having a inquisitor of your own religion parked in a city will block all attempts of conversion from enemy great prophets and missionaries?

I keep on seeing this pop up here and there, I would like to have confirmation o.o

Pretty please thanks.

Because at the moment, quite a few great prophets is trying to force me to convert despite me blocking cities off totally with soldiers surrounding each hex next to city.

It says in the Civiepedia; (Inquisitor) "or be placed inside a citiy to protect it from Missionaries and prophets trying to spread other religions in that city."

Hope that helps.

well dang, now that's really sweet. Now to disband the excess units for inquistors XD

Inquisitors can sometimes even work when they are two spaces away. (I've played around with it by trying to spread different religions to buy the faith buildings and then switching back).

Note however that a city with an Inquisitor can still change religions naturally through pressure, which the Inquisitor doesn't help against.

Well, I just had a nasty experience with an Inquisitor. It possibly has existed before but I haven't come across it.

I was playing as Isabel and founded Zoranastrionism. I couldn't buy an Inquisitor in my Holy City but I had a city which was under the influence of Christianity (6 followers as opposed to my one). So I bought the Inquisitor. It wiped out Zoranastrionism and left Christianity! That was not quite what I hoped for.

Unlike cIV there is no state religion in ciV so each missionary/inquistor u buy will follow the religion of the city NOT the religion u founded.

Well, I just had a nasty experience with an Inquisitor. It possibly has existed before but I haven't come across it.

I was playing as Isabel and founded Zoranastrionism. I couldn't buy an Inquisitor in my Holy City but I had a city which was under the influence of Christianity (6 followers as opposed to my one). So I bought the Inquisitor. It wiped out Zoranastrionism and left Christianity! That was not quite what I hoped for.

Inquisitors follow the Religion of the city from which they're spawned (that way you can take advantage of an opponent's Religion if it would actually benefit you in a certain city).

If you wanted to Inquistor Christianity out of your city, you should have spawned the Inquistor from a city where Zoranastrionism was dominant.

I had a game going last night where I was The Celts and I had a really strong religion. Towards the end of the game I saw Ethiopia trying to sneak a GP over to my Holy City. Luckily I remembered this thread and I bought an Inquisitor and parked him in Edinburgh. The enemy GP would not approach after that.

Is there any use for captured missionaries that represent other religions? I just delete the unit if I capture one.

Is there any use for captured missionaries that represent other religions that you have? I just delete the unit if I capture one.

that's about it.

Ofc, if you have Interfaith Dialogue as a founder belief, you can use the captured missionaries/Prophets to convert a city (preferably a city state) so that your own missionaries can come along and get some beakers when converting it back.

I had a game going last night where I was The Celts and I had a really strong religion. Towards the end of the game I saw Ethiopia trying to sneak a GP over to my Holy City. Luckily I remembered this thread and I bought an Inquisitor and parked him in Edinburgh. The enemy GP would not approach after that.

Yeah, I had one squatting deep in my territory because I had inquisitors in all my cities. Annoying plick was squating on a stable at a crossroads where my horseman was usually garrisoned (had to move him to deal with some barbs)... there should be a way to either request the AI move a unit in your area, displace them by moving a military unit there, or "arrest" them without a full DoW just a diplo hit.

Yeah, I had one squatting deep in my territory because I had inquisitors in all my cities. Annoying plick was squating on a stable at a crossroads where my horseman was usually garrisoned (had to move him to deal with some barbs)... there should be a way to either request the AI move a unit in your area, displace them by moving a military unit there, or "arrest" them without a full DoW just a diplo hit.

Seconded. Maybe something like the ability to declare an intruding Missionary/GP 'Persona Non Grata', which doesn't KILL him, but kicks him back to his owner's territory. Same way it used to work with Diplomats, back in the day.

Of course, the AI would be able to do that too... would add a bit more sting to their "Please keep your religious yahoos out of our country" demands.

Top Bottom