Insane Pop ups!!!

xaviel

Chieftain
I was in my game and i saved, couple rounds after that i accidentally press the standby button on my keyboard. I got back, the sound is a bit fuzzy, that's fine. I quit the game, and reboot my machine.

I load my saved game, and i get Insane pop ups from the adviser!! Every time i click Return game, a new different Adviser pop up appears. I try disabling the adviser in the options, but no success!!

Btw, i started a new game and everything seems to be fine.

Attachments

• St-Gregoire AD-1548-January.ColonizationSave
    77.4 KB · Views: 290
I've been having the same problem, too, for any save game much over 100 turns. The pop-ups just keep coming, even after I've clicked 30-40 of them, and so I have to simply throw out my saved game. Does anyone know if a patch is on the horizon?

This sounds a lot like one of the effects noted in this thread. Something happens (I don't recall anyone every saying what) that keeps the game from displaying messages and notifications. They pile up and pile up until a saved game is loaded, which seems to set everything back to normal except for the backlog of messages. Perhaps the two are related? Justathot.

The unit's not cycling is fixed in the unofficial patch. There is a code bug in vanilla which cause this when you are in Europe screen, double-right click a unit on the docks and left click a profession. As soon as you return from Europe screen unit cycling is cactus. I fixed that. :)

Is there any fix for the "insane popups" bug? I just upgraded to 1.01f but it is still there. I'd like to recover my saved games...

Top Bottom